Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- The Criminal Justice/CVE Expert will lead technical assistance efforts for ECOWAS staff members in criminal justice, countering violent extremism, and violence prevention.
- The position will require the ability to conduct trainings, generate consensus among variety of stakeholders, and develop policy recommendations.
- Previous experience working with multi-lateral organizations and/or in the West Africa region is preferred.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Criminal Justice/CVE Expert will report to the Program Director.
- Provides technical assistance to ECOWAS;
- Develops and delivers trainings as needed;
- Develops and/or modifies CVE and criminal justice tools based on capacity building needs; and
- Provides policy and strategy recommendations to ECOWAS.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in countering violent extremism, criminal justice, counterterrorism and/or crime & violence prevention;
- Advanced degree in Counterterrorism, Security Studies and/or Criminal Justice;
- Demonstrated experience in applying public health models of crime prevention, especially in developing countries;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering trainings;
- Demonstrated experience working in West Africa, developing countries and/or multi-lateral organizations;
- Experience in policy development;
- Ability to relocate to Abuja, Nigeria; and
- Fluency in French a plus.
go to method of application »
The Program Director / Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for program development, learning and practical implementation of those lessons for Creative’s program in Nigeria. The position will be based in the head office, located in Abuja, with work expected to be carried out in the North East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. In the absence of the COP, the Program Director will serve as the COP.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Program Director/DCOP will support the COP in developing and implementing program activities in line with the program strategy. S/he will directly supervise the Grants team, Monitoring & Evaluation team, and Reporting Officer, and will closely coordinate with program development staff in Abuja and in the state offices.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Program Director/DCOP will:
- Oversee the activity development process, and will provide direct management of the grants unit, ensuring coordination and communication with activity development staff in the state offices and Abuja;
- Along with the COP, engage OTI counterparts to guide program strategy, including setting objectives, developing theories of change, and supporting program expansion into neighboring areas if required;
- Provide management oversight of the M&E and research functions on the program, ensuring coordination and mutual support between Program and M&E teams, and establishing feedback processes to ensure that activity lessons and research outcomes feed into and inform the activity design process. Travel to state offices in Yobe, Borno and Admawa to ensure that lessons are practically applied into activity design;
- Directly oversee program development and implementation of national level activities, and establish processes to connect national activities with state activities and with the broader program strategy;
- Identify program opportunities and potential local partners;
- Act as the Chief of Party when s/he is absent from the program; and
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant work experience, including experience with a donor, contractor or international NGO managing an office or program with some demonstrated supervisory experience;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience working on complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in transition environments;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation, and close-out;
- Experience with grant management;
- Capacity to understand and analyze national, regional, and local politics; to guide the program staff in creatively designing grants that relate to the current country context;
- Experience working in post-conflict and resource-limited environments is required;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff, fostering overall good dynamics within and between teams;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with in-kind and small grants, preferably programs that require various and simultaneous procurements of goods and services and management of providers of short-term technical assistance;
- Proficiency in French is an advantage but not required; and
- University degree in a relevant field highly desired, but not required.
Method of Application
To apply, click preferred job titles below:
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale