Career at Oracle Corporation
Posted on: 20 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at ORACLE
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
- To demonstrate the credibility of Oracle's Data Integration products, solutions and offerings, based on the following products: Oracle GoldenGate (OGG), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (OEDQ), Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management (OEMM) and Active Data Guard (ADG).
- To respond to demand from Sales Management for expertise in creating and conducting detailed technical and product presentations to a prospective technical or business audience.
- To plan, manage and execute Proof Of Concepts for the DIS solutions.
- To work as part of Sales and/or Account Teams on specific opportunities to enhance revenue for Oracle Corporation through license sales
- Product focused (Data Integration Solutions), with in-depth knowledge of Transactional Data Management and Data Warehousing technologies
- Has a strong knowledge of the Data Integration market
- Basic knowledge of Oracle's product portfolio
- Contributes to the achievement of the DIS EMEA target
- Works closely with other Oracle Pre-Sales Consultants in his region (and beyond)
- Existing skills on Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Integrator and/or Enterprise Data Quality is beneficial
- Actively maintaining a depth of product knowledge in the designated product areas
- Maintain awareness of all relevant competitive products
- Understand the needs and pains of the customer and then link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle
- Contributing to the generation and maintenance of relevant product area specific Value Propositions
- Educating customers and partners in Oracle Product offering and Value Propositions in the designated product areas
- Help pushing Oracle's product offering to the Market
- Building and maintaining relevant relationships with the customer during the bid process
Specific to the Role
- Demonstrates the credibility of Oracle's DIS products and solutions, at all levels, but with a particular focus on key decision makers in the customers' organization
- Based on prospects input, provide appropriate feedback to product managers and product development
- Can provide product demos and presentations, also interactively – i.e without a pre-defined script, & answering questions & demonstrating ‘how’ an issue could be solved
- Customise ‘standard’ demonstrations to meet specific prospect requirements
- Deliver onsite Proof of Concepts in line with agreed customer requirements
- Provides detailed expertise in creating technical and product solutions for specified needs and for creating cross-product solutions where required
- Can take a senior role on account, solution or industry teams, where required
- Can participate in strategic account planning, and can do this for major accounts where required
- Significant knowledge of a product set, including competitive offerings solutions enabled by the products case studies of implementations links to development teams and information on future product development
- Attend customer meetings with Sales to understand customer needs
- Bring customers up to date with Oracle's product offering and Value Propositions
- Design and deliver customer demonstrations to articulate, update and evangelize Oracle based technical and product solutions
- Contribute technical and product information in response to Invitations To Tender (ITT) and Requests For Information (RFIs)
- Run seminars and workshops for Partner organizations as required
- Create, present and deliver meetings/presentations/seminars and events as required
- Engage with Product teams to maintain product knowledge. Represent Oracle at marketing events as required
- Act as a technical/solution contact for customers in the designated area
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to up-sell based on solutions insight
- Understand the local competitive landscape from product area point of view
- Actively develop product expertise - attend adequate technical training, read White Papers, research using the Internet
- Participate and contribute to PC community work and cross lob co-operation
- 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience.
- 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features.
- Thorough knowledge of system and application design.
- In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
go to method of application »
- Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
- Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory.
- Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities.
- Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support.
- Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share.
- Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience.
- Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business.
- Business development, prospecting and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development.
- Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues.
- Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors.
- Travel may be needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Method of Application
To apply, click preferred job titles below:
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ORACLESimilar Jobs
- Sales Vacancy at ipNX Nigeria Limited
- Application Developers (JAVA and PHP) at Upperlink Limited
- Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Job Vacancies at Modu Sterling Global Venture
- Marketing Officers at BeKaufmann DigiTech
- Solution Sales Specialist, Public Sector Africa at Oracle Nigeria
- Brand Representatives at Novtech Solutions
- Renewable Energy Sales Manager - West Africa at GE Nigeria