Vacancy at British American Tobacco Nigeria Limited (BAT Nigeria)
Posted on: 11 October, 2012
Deadline: 22 October, 2012
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco Nigeria Limited (BAT Nigeria)
Job Title: Production Operator
Job Number: 216BR
Location/City: Ibadan, Nigeria
Parent Company: British-American Tobacco (Holdings) Limited
Job purpose and key deliverable:
The SMD function is looking for smart and vibrant individuals who has flair for diverse and unusual challenges, and passion for making a real impact in an environment where standards are high, to fill the role of an OPERATOR.
- To support the efficient production of cigarettes by displaying competencies in controlling
- Operating and monitoring cigarette manufacturing machines, within a given period
- To specified quality standards, at optimum cost, in a safe and environmentally compliant manner within the Secondary Manufacturing Department.
The jobholder has to operate within the following legal requirements and has a personal responsibility to adhere to:
• Factories Act of Federal Government of Nigeria
• BAT EHS Policy and guidelines.
- Maintain close contact with user department (SMD PMD,Engineering,QA etc)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Jobholder must possess either an O’ Level School certificate , Trade Test certificate, City & Guilds of London certificate or National Diploma certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of two years experience operating a GD121 / GDX2 /GDX3 Machine.
- Must pass the Operational proficiency test.
- Spatial / Abstract Reasoning/ Hand-Eye Coordination.
- Very good team player, Self-driven, creative and proactive.
- Motivation (ability to motivate team members to deliver great results)
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Ability to relate with colleagues and other stakeholder through effective use of oral and written communications.
- Physical abilities according to man-task specifications.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should apply on or before Friday 22 October 2012.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Dow
- Job Opportunities at Mambila Beverages Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle
- Job Opportunities at the Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
- Sales Executives at Skiddo Foods Limited
- Job Opening at Dogan's Sugar Limited