Vacancy for Network Engineers at AfriHUB Nigeria
Posted on: 9 October, 2012
Deadline: 10 October, 2012
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at AfriHUB
AfriHub Nigeria Limited (AfriHUB) was established in May, 2004 to provide human capacity building technologies, including satellite and wireless Internet access, telephony and US instructor-led technical training to Federal Universities throughout Nigeria, as well as to the country's businesses and government sectors. AfriHUB, with headquarters in Abuja FCT has offices at fourteen locations all over Nigeria, especially at federal tertiary institutions.
AfriHUB is a wholly owned subsidiary of ACE and Associates, which is based in the US, and which has plans to provide similar services throughout Africa. AfriHUB, LLC was originally funded by Skyterra Communications, Inc., a publicly traded US telecom services company (SKYT.OB). The founding management team, led by Diaspora Nigerians, now hold a significant ownership interest in the company.
We are currently recruiting for the Position of:
Job Title: Network Engineer
Code# - NE355
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Enugu and Anambra
- Candidate must have a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Engineering, EE, MIS or equivalent
- Candidate must have 4 years experience
- Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Implement, configure, support and maintain all aspects of AfriHUB’s network infrastructure.
- Own the scoping, architecture and design of new network infrastructure.
- Continually support our internal infrastructure, corporate network and NOC.
- Take ownership for resolving network-related issues.
- Work closely with AfriHUB’s NOC on monitoring all servers, applications, network devices.
- Help the systems and network administration teams resolve complex issues within specific service level agreement requirements.
- Evaluate new hardware as needed and maintain existing inventory.
- Travel to and from site to sites occasionally, as needed.
- Create and define network requirements for new products, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies.
- Ability to provide network and server administration across multiple server platforms including Unix, Linux, Novell and Windows NT/2000/2003 Server.
- Experience in Windows 2000, 2003, NT 4.0, XP, Cisco IOS, Pix OS, HP/Compaq Servers, Dell Servers, Cisco switches, HP switches, Cisco Routers and firewalls, Symantec Anti-virus server, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5/2000/2003,TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, TELNET, STMP, firewalls, VLAN, STP, ANTI-VIRUS/SPAM, ACCESS-LISTS, RAID, ACTIVE DIRECTORY, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, PPP, 802.11 a/b/g, BLACKBERRY, Cisco 3800, 3700, 2600 Routers / 3500, 2900, 5000 Switches, PIX 506, 515 & 525E Firewalls.
Special Skills Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language
- Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively.
- Capable of composing reports and technical explanations.
Attractive salary and performance benefits, with great opportunity for career development.
Note: Positions exist at the following locations; Abuja FCT, Lagos, Enugu & Anambra.
Deadline: 10th October, 2012
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send resumes, with cover letter using Code# for desired position, the email subject, by email to:
or by mail to:
AfriHUB Nig. Ltd.,
AP Plaza First Floor,
100 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja FCT.
All application should be sent on or before Wednesday 10th October 2012.
For more information, candidates may visit www.afrihub.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AfriHUBSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancy at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria
- Call Center Officer at Seedstars
- Job Opportunity at Aptech Computer Education
- Fresh Job Opportunities at MainOne
- Job Vacancies at IPT Power Tech
- Logistics Coordinator at a Communications Technology Company - Universal Careers
- Job Vacancies at a Mobile Telecommunications Industry - Peoplesource Consulting
- 2017 Hotels.ng Software Developers Internship Programme