Vacancy at the US Embassy, Abuja
Posted on: 8 October, 2012
Deadline: 19 October, 2012
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at US Embassy
The United States Mission in Abuja is
seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the positions
of Shipping Supervisor in the General Services Office (GSO).
JOB TITLE: SHIPPING SUPERVISOR
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident– N3,228,903 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-08
(In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.)
incumbent supervises the shipping section, managing shipping and
customs processing of all official and personal (HHE, UAB, POV,
Consumables) shipments in accordance with ICASS Service Standards.
acts as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the Packing and
- S/he is responsible for the supervision of all
aspects of shipping from customs expediting, document preparation,
advising employees on shipment rules and limitations, and maintaining
close contacts with airport and shipping clearing houses/agents.
liaises with the Procurement sections regarding incoming official
All applicants MUST
address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and
comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application
will not be considered.
- University degree in Business Administration is required.
of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in the
transportation/shipping industry, including one (1) year supervisory
experience is required.
- Level IV (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
working knowledge of the Nigerian Customs regulations and procedures,
general procedures and quality of work of the local packing companies,
shipping carriers and transfer companies.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Database and Excel packages.
- Nigerian Driver's License is required.
fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Deadline: 19th October, 20012
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of
their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays,
certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the
qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for
this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised.
Please reference the job title and announcement number on the
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here for more information
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about US EmbassySimilar Jobs
- Cashier at Bet9ja
- Accounts Clerks at Heirs Holdings Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Group Of Companies
- Job Openings at a Foremost Business Membership Organisation
- Job Vacancies at an Expanding Group of Companies
- MYJOBMAG MUST READ SERIES: GET THE JOB - USE OF ENGLISH