Vacancy at Brunel Energy
Posted on: 3 October, 2012
Deadline: 3 October, 2012
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Brunel Energy Nigeria
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
JOB TITLE: SITE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
To manage, work with an engineering and construction team utilizing a disciplined process to design and install a simple or combined cycle 500 MW plant. Candidates must be fluent in English language and be ready to work in a remote area with the flexibility to work with a multicultural/multinational workforce. He will
- Candidate will take leadership in Safety partnership program with the EPC contractors, projecting company’s Safety, Health Environmental and Security programs, to ensure that the EPC Contractor implements the measures on site in accordance with the Contract.
- Interface with the Project Security Point of contact and site security Contacts regarding security related activities.
- Lead the plant construction with the assistance of his execution team to ensure that it is performed properly in terms of safety, quality, schedule and budget in line with the power plant Contract.
- Provide constructability input to the project design.
- Monitor the work at site, liaise with and coordinate the efforts of the construction team, the EPC1 & 2 contractors, the local authorities, interface parties and the Client. He is their direct contact at site.
- Timely reports variances to the project manager and proposes jointly with the project team, mitigation or alternative solutions.
- Make sure that agreed corrective actions to mitigate the effects of variances are planned and carried out.
- Assist the Company in claims management to and from the EPC Contractors.
- Monitor the overall project schedule of the plant construction as they integrate the EPC schedule with the schedule of permits, authorizations and other contractual obligations.
- Direct and manage the interface of all other works at site by contractors working directly for the Company, if any, and make sure that those activities are coordinated with the overall activities in the plant.
- Candidate Preferred Background
- Client/Operator side experience in similar projects.
- Minimum BS / MS degree or substantial equivalent technical training and prior extensive experience in project and site management.
- Extensive experience in the construction and operation of power projects; with an emphasis on project execution (construction & completion). In addition, candidate must be experienced in the development & construction of power generating facilities specifically Combined or Simple Cycle Gas Turbines.
- Significant “construction site” management experience on international projects in emerging markets
- Broad background of previous exposure to various disciplines, civil, electrical, mechanical on construction projects and accumulated knowledge base of construction methods used in these disciplines.
- Direct and critical involvement in the construction execution of EPC projects in order to achieve commercial operations,
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with EPC contract terms and conditions, interrelationships of risks with respect to Owner vs. Contractor risks and participation in the negotiation of EPC contracts,
- Direct experience in establishing, monitoring and managing project construction budgets,
- Working knowledge of and experience in development, managing and analyzing project schedules, including use of Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar project scheduling software,
- Fluency in English is a MUST.
- Construction Manager must be a strong communicator. Ability to convey thoughts in a clear, concise and professional manner is a must. Construction Manager will communicate with all levels of the design and construction team. Construction Manager must also be a good listener.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to travel and live internationally
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: 31 October 2012.
In "Keyword box" insert "ENERGY VC24065" and search
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Brunel Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Assistant at a Maritime Institution - George Davidson & Associates (GDA)
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting
- Drilling Job at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Document Controllers at Jagal Group
- Business Development Role at a Leading Servicing Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Engineering Job Vacancy at Hobark International Limited