The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, Nigeria was established in March, 2007, under the Federal Government of Nigeria initiative to build a specialized University to produce high-level manpower and relevant expertise for the Oil and Gas Sector in Nigeria and worldwide.
FUPRE is the first of its kind in Africa. It is designed to be the premier international institution of choice with state-of-the-art facilities to provide for the petroleum and allied sectors, world-class education, training, research, consultancy and extension services
Application are invited from suitably qualified candidate for the "Shell Petroleum Development company Joint Venture (SPDC JV)" Endowed Professional Chair in Lightweight Automobile Engine Development in Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources. Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Qualification and Experience
To qualify for the position, a prospective candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Should be a Professor in a reputable Institution, normally of not less than Ten (10) years standing and have a wide range of teaching, research and consulting experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Automobile/Internal Combustion Engines, including professional activities in local and international scenes with recognitions.
- Should have carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Automobile/Internal Combustion Engine Design & Development.
- Must be able to demonstrate evidence of previous experience in Automobile/internal Combustion engine design and development.
- Should possess the ability to initiate value-adding studies of benefit to the oil and gas industry, the academia and the wider society.
- Must be highly-motivated professionally and have the ability to adopt a team approach with other persons/related Departments/Institutions in research and practical work in the field.
Condition of Service
- The appointment, which is to commence as soon as possible, is for Four (4) years in the first instance renewable for another Four (4) years subject to satisfactory performance.
- The conditions and salaries are quite attractive and are as approved for enhanced professional chairs endorsed by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited.
- The conditions include prospects of funded research programmes and participation in local/international conferences.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward Twenty-Five (25) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, stating the following:
- Phone numbers
- E-mail addresses
- Marital status
- Qualifications and experience, (teaching, research and publications)
Application should be addressed to:
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
- Applicants are advised to request three referees to forward confidential reports on them to reach the Registrar within the stipulated application period.
- In addition, applicants should state in clear terms, the vision, mission and logistics at the impact oriented work to be carried out under the professional chair.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.