Vacancy at Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA)
Posted on: 25 September, 2012
Deadline: 3 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CEDPA
Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA) founded in 1975, is an internationally recognized non-profit organization that improves the lives of women and girls in developing countries.
Our approach is to work hand-in-hand with women leaders, local partners, and national and international organizations to give women the tools they need to improve their lives, families and communities.
We are recruiting for the following position.
JOB TITLE: COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION ASSOCIATE
LOCATION: SOKOTO, NIGERIA
- The Community Mobilization Associate will function as a member of a team implementing the USAID funded Targeted States High impact Program (TSHIP). The Community Mobilization Associate will work under the guidance of the Community Mobilization Specialist in implementing TSHIP's Social Mobilization strategy.
- He/she will facilitate and strengthen an ongoing range of community activities of Ward Development Committees (WDC) and Village Development Committees (VDC) which aim at engaging households and communities in demanding for and increasing the use of high impact family planning, maternal child health, and reproductive health (RH/FP/MCH) services; and improving community engagement in Sokoto.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
He or she would be responsible for:
- Building the capacity of WDC, VDC and Local Government Social Mobilization Committees (LGSMC)
- Assist with capacity building, organization, revitalization and facilitation of VDCs/WDCs.
- Provide regular capacity building on community mobilization approach, using the community action cycle to VDCs/WDC5, training of community level health workers, overseeing household education and awareness activities.
- Developing community-based relationships with various stakeholders and 3) guiding periodic meetings held by the VOC, WDC and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with LGA Development Coordinators, LGA Health Coordinators, and LCIA Social Mobilization Committee.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of BASPHCDA. (in partnership with TSHIP) social mobilization approach in the zones, LGAs, wards, communities, households and health facilities.
- Identification ofCBOs, FBOs women’s groups, private and other public partnerships to enhance and support program activities.
- Support LGASMC, WDCs and VDCs to develop work plans for community mobilization and advocacy events to policy makers at the LGA and state levels.
- Develop affordable and sustainable community-link for problem solving within the community.
- Provide supportive supervision of the VDCs and WDCs for proper community mobilization activities.
- Build strong linkages with traditional leaders.
- Identify potential champions and change agents, within the community.
- In collaboration with LGA development coordinators, support VDCs/WDCs to monitor activities at health facilities.
- In collaboration with LGA health coordinators, support resource leveraging activities of WDCs/VDCs to address some of their health challenges in their communities.
- Hold regular meetings with VDCs, WDCs, women groups within the LGAs for experience sharing and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree with three years experience in Public Health, Social Science, or a related held required.
- Strong mobilization and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community organizing principles.
- Experience with an NGO for at least 3 years is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the RH/FP/MCH fields concepts, practices, procedures, and platforms required.
- Fluency in both English and Hausa languages
- Good knowledge of the socio-cultural and geographic terrains in Bauchi and Sokoto State
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified candidates should send resume to: Resumes@cedpa.org
Deadline: 3rd October, 2012.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CEDPASimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)