The Bowen University Library, established in 2002, is the major repository of all academic resources (books, journals, theses, government documents etc) which serves the needs of both staff and students of the University as well as other interested users. The Library holds about 46,309 volumes of books, print and electronic resources.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library and its branches providing Library and information services for the entire University community.
- The University Librarian is the academic and professional Head of the University Library and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and management of the University Library and its branches.
- By the virtue of his/her position, the University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University.
- The candidate shall be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of the University System and must be able to effectively utilize its human resource to develop a library system that will fully support the aspirations of the University to attain world class status, and must enjoy good physical and mental health.
- He/she must be ICT compliant.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree from a recognized University and a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or its equivalent and must have had not less than fifteen (15) years of relevant post-graduation experience, five (5) of which must be in University Administration and must show evidence of active research supported by a substantial number of scholarly publications in refereed journals.
- He/she must be a certified Librarian with evidence of membership of recognised professional bodies (e.g. Nigerian Library Association (NLA) etc). Possession of a doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
- Bowen University runs a unique remuneration package, which is similar to what obtains in other tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and driver and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit fifteen (15) type-written copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the following format:
- Full Names: (Surname first in capital, followed by comma and other names not in capital letter except the first letter).
- Date of Birth:
- Town/State of Origin:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children with Ages:
- Name and Address of Next-of-Kin:
- Religion and Denomination:
- Permanent Home Address:
- Current Home/Postal Address
- Tel, Phone/GSM No:
- E-Mail Address:
II.) First Appointment (with date):
- Current Post (with date):
- Post Applied For
III.) University Education (with dates):
IV.) Academic Qualification(S) (with dates and granting bodies):
V.) Professional Qualification(S) and Diploma(S) (with dates):
VI.) Scholarships, Fellowship and Prizes (With Dates) (in respect of Undergraduate and Postgraduate work only)
VII.) Details of Teaching Experience:
- Previous Teaching, Administrative and Managerial Work Experience:
- Work Experience at other Universities (specify):
- Courses Taught at other Universities:
- Graduate Study Supervision (if any)
VIII.) Honours and Distinction:
IX.) Membership of Learned Societies:
X.) Major conferences attended in the last five years with papers presented
- In progress:
- Dissertation and Thesis:
- Books already published:
- Chapters in Books already published:
- Articles that have appeared in learned journals:
- Manuscripts Accepted for Publication:
- Articles that have appeared in Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- Technical Reports:
Note to indicate:
- On-shore publications-L
- Off-shore publications-*F
- Publications after the last promotion/appointment
All applications are to be forwarded to:
Iwo - Osun State,
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.