GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
The West Central Africa Commercial Finance Manager will provide commercial finance and Financing support to the LCT & Africa Zone business leadership to drive increased visibility into operating performance with the goal of supporting revenue growth and increased profitability of the platform.
- One-on-One Partner with the GM and his/her staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for pricing, preparation of sales plan/monthly estimation of revenue to standard margin,
- Playing a key role in development & execution of structured finance solutions for customers. Ability to interact with financing partners & banks and develop products under the oversight of the Africa CFO and the Global Financing Organisation.
- Defining the overall strategy and vision of West Central Africa through very close cooperation with the LCT GM.
- Proactively recognize standard revenue recognition practices in close cooperation with Controllership, deal escalation, contribution margin walks.
- One-stop Finance Rep towards the GM and external partners – being amongst other things the link to the central FP&A teams.
- Close cooperation with EAGM, Africa zone and local Controllers
- Strong contributor to Africa & EAGM FP&A for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the West Central Africa leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Effectively manage, and coordinate the commercial finance activities across the region.
- Provide financial analysis and insight in support of business decision making needs, including evaluation of major risks and opportunities
- Help define the IT platform and requirements to support analysis, improve data visibility and ensure controllership
- Lead cross-functional projects focused on improving rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability, such as Pricing, Warranty Accounting, Inventory
- Ensure Integrity is upheld throughout all processes, policies and practices, by ensuring appropriate communication, training and prioritization of related activities.
- Support the cash initiatives across the Cash / Credit / Risk Manager
- Actively manage distributor performance, specifically on cash, through frequent direct interaction.
- Help manage the GOF relationship by driving better quality input and monitoring and working collaboratively to improve GOF output.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of 15 years of financial and/or Commercial work experience;
- Experience within a commercial bank, trade finance or risk functions; or relevant Sales & Project Finance experience in a multi-national environment.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Accounting Principles and Controllership
- Compliance in challenging countries
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Strategic thinking/Able to understand market and financial trends and be able to recommend programs and tools to promote sales and services
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience in presenting to high level management of private and government customers
- Proven Track record of working successfully in a very diverse international and cross-cultural environment, ideally some years of residence / work in one of the larger markets of the region
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications, strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experience of BD / Due Diligence and Risk assessment
- Demonstrated GE values and growth traits
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Flexible in traveling in and outside West Central Africa & the wider EAGM region.
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), Experienced Financial Leadership Program (EFLP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs of other companies
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
Job Segments: Financial, Outside Sales, Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Banking, Finance, Sales, Management
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE's Career Website