Federal College of Education, Obudu, a top ranking college of education in Nigeria and indeed the nation's pride. The college was established in 1983 and it has grown tremendously.
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the College, and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- The Bursar plans, organizes, directs and co-ordinates the operation of the financial system of the College.
- Candidate for the post of Bursar should be a holder of a good honours Degree in Accountancy/Accounting, or HND in Accounting/Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning or equivalent; in addition to a Professional Accountancy qualification with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience; plus registration with a recognized Professional Accounting body. Also NYSC discharge Certificate or exemption certificate is necessary.
go to method of application »
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership, initiative, and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief academic, administrative and accounting officer of the College.
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College.
- A Member of the Governing Council of the College in charge
- providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances and infrastructure, and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council’s decisions!directives under sound financial discipline and management.
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced, etc.
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate degree from a recognized university in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- He/she should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education.
- The possession of a professional teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), is MANDATORY Registration as a Professional Teacher with TRCN will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be above the age of sixty (60) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in an institution of higher learning; and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in an institution of higher learning as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer or higher from a College of Education or equivalent Tertiary Institution or a Professor, Reader/Associate Professor in a University or equivalent institution, with at least five years’ experience on the post
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the Collage.
- He/She must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities; and must have evidence of Community Service.
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal setter and getter, and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications in twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full Names, Surname underlined
- Marital Status, and Number of Children, indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Current postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and professional Qualifications and Distinctions with Dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer - Status and Salary
- Extracurricular activities
- Publications in Standard APA format
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the Present Employer
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education,
Cross River State.
- Candidates should indicate on the top right hand of the envelops the position being applied for.
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send Confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.