If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Department of Climate Change - Nigeria has since 1992, given prominence to handling of climate change issues through the establishment of the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (FEPA) in 1988.
The administration of climate change in Nigeria was first identified and situated in the Department of Planning and Evaluation under the defunct Federal Environmental Protection Agency (FEPA) as part of the mandate of the Agency.
The Project Manager working under the guidance and supervision of the Head of climate change will have the overall responsibility for proper project management. Working under the supervision of the Director of Climate change to ensure political support on behalf of the Government of Nigeria, as well as represent the interests of the project within the Ministry and ensure relevance and contribution of the project to the national capacity building work and implementation of national commitments under UNFCCC.
Specifically with the following responsibilities:
- To supervise and ensure the timely implementation of the project relevant activities as scheduled in the work plan;
- Prepare a detailed work plan for the project and draft terms of reference for the subcontracts, in consultation with the PSC and the inter-ministerial committee on climate change (IMCCC);
- Draft the scope of the work and TOR and other procurement documentation required for the identification and the recruitment of experts and consultants contributing to the assessment processes;
- Compile the various section reports and content of the overall TNC document in consultation with Consultants;
- Provide technical assistance and administrative support to national experts and institutions in the execution of required deliverables inclusive of the GHG Inventories, the updating of the national circumstances document;
- Coordinate the work of the Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Consultants;
- Organize the validation of project products through training workshops and sensitization sessions
- Provide support to consultants working on the Biennial Update Report (BUR) to UNFCCC
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced degree (at least M. Sc. or equivalent) in energy, environmental management or other field relevant to the project
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working on climate change and/ or related issues.
- Understanding of Nigeria’s environment / development issues as and Climate Change activities in Nigeria;
- Excellent communication (Written and Oral) skills;
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience working with government structures at local levels, NGOs and Private sector;
- Past involvement in National Communication processes will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of methodologies for inventories (IPCC Revised 1996 Guidelines and Good Practice Guidance, etc.).
Method of Application
To apply, visit FME Career Page
For further details please contact:
Federal Ministry of Environment,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Way,
Opposite Raw Materials,
Development Research Centre,
Maitama - Abuja.
- Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.