If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
•An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the portfolio.
•Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
•Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
•Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
- Define, develop, and execute visions & strategies for the terminal, including business planning and budgeting.
- Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the BU and relationships relevant stakeholders , which includes but not limited to:
- Determining and executing investments for new equipment, systems, and expansions in the existing terminal
- Select, negotiate, and enter into binding agreements with suppliers and customers including remaining accountable for execution and maintenance of agreed service levels.
- Determining appropriate staffing levels, managing recruitment, competencies, training, education & career planning, in accordance with legal and company requirements
- Establish business priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure Financial procedures are aligned with National and International standards
- Improve efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service through proactive pursuance of development in technology & systems as applicable locally as well as in conjunction with other Terminals.
- Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, security, safety & environmental management, including use of APMT Global tool where available.
- Organize, coach, challenge, & develop staff
- Identify significant risks in operations, commercial, finance, strategy & compliance areas
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company
- Reinforce APM Group culture, values and reputation while ensuring compliance with APM Group policies
Who we are looking for
- The position requires a Professional Standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise and broad management experience.
- Minimum a college degree from an accredited international university. Advanced degree in management, such as an MBA is highly desirable.
- Executive and managerial experience in container terminal operations including experience in an international assignment.
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of marine terminal operations, the shipping and logistics management industry.
- Indepth Commercial mindset & skills
- Extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Proven track record of achieving high level of terminal productivity and other relevant success criteria.
- Stakeholder Management - strong network of contacts within the shipping industry, the local communities, and the government.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, and in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
Method of Application
To apply, visit Maersk Career Page