Finance Vacancy at TGI Group (CHI Limited)
Posted on: 8 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Tropical General Investments
Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades of experience in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
- Overall accountability of Finance & Accounts function with specific focus on business strategy, investment plans, developing portfolio strategy, setting operational financial direction, reviewing and evaluating operating mechanisms, etc.
- Providing leadership to Finance & Controlling and IT function.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help making financial decisions, as well as coordinating intercompany financial activities.
- Provide the Group with all financial requirements on a timely and accurate basis
- Responsible for making strategic decisions, investment plans, financial planning/budgeting/ reporting, developing financial aspects of 3 year Annual Operating Plan (AOP), capital expenditure plan and cost control including P & L and cost centers responsibility.
- Analyzing Balance Sheet, P & L accounts, and cost centers.
- Keeping all relevant records, archives, and legal documents in a proper manner
- Prepare timely monthly MIS reports with sound analyses and variance explanations, and send it to the Group timely.
- Prepare annual accounts and ensure timely finalization of audits.
- Manage the working capital with the clear mandate to improve stock management and reduce stock levels, reduce Accounts Receivables & reduce finance costs.
- Manage all company taxes and ensure compliance
- Responsible for Business Intelligence (BI) by integrating cross-functional business activities and transactions thru’ IT solutions. Designing IT strategies and infrastructure/services plan.
- Forecasting the funding requirements, assess its impact on the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, monitoring bank overdrafts limits, and proper cash and treasury management.
- Prepare complete and meaningful presentations for various funds requirements.
- Financial planning of new projects (Capex, acquisitions, new products, expansion, etc).
- Reviewing and analyzing Internal Audit observations and deciding corrective actions on it.
- Setting and monitoring Finance & Controlling and IT functions goal and objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- In coordination with the Internal Audit Manager, enhancing and monitoring the Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Coordinating internal and external audits.
- In coordination with Group Treasury, monitoring currency exposure and the currency risks.
- Monitoring financial statutory requirements and compliances, etc.
- Monitoring legal cases pertaining to Finance & Accounts function (such as doubtful debts).
- Control and ensure appropriate operational costs and overheads.
- Participating actively in management meetings and discussion on business strategy.
- Understanding Company’s new and modified business avenues, modal, strategy, etc., and aligning Finance & Controlling and IT functions with them.
- Organizational development thru’ leadership development plans, succession planning, etc for critical positions in the department.
- Developing, training Finance & Controlling staff.
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement methodologies with specific focus on growth, cost reduction and process improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with 8 - 10 years functional experience of which 5 years as FC with a Real Estate Company
- International experience and Africa a plus
- Good experience of working in an ERP environment like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics system
- Relevant Functional Skills & Expertise
- Computer literacy with good IT skills.
- Excellent leadership skills. Resource & People Management.
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills.
- Financial modeling (i.e. discounted cash flow).
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on LinkedIn
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Tropical General Investments (TGI) GroupSimilar Jobs
- Technical Operators at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Job Opportunities at Wemy Industries Limited
- Sales Representatives at a Leading Publishing Company - Lorache Consulting (6 Positions)
- Account Officers at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Promasidor Nigeria Limited Recruitment for HVAC Engineer
- 2017 Notore Chemical Industries Plc Engineering Trainee Programme
- Nestlé Nigeria Technical Training Programme 2017
- Accounting Job Vacancy at Peoplesource Consulting