Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades of experience in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
- Overall accountability of Finance & Accounts function with specific focus on business strategy, investment plans, developing portfolio strategy, setting operational financial direction, reviewing and evaluating operating mechanisms, etc.
- Providing leadership to Finance & Controlling and IT function.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help making financial decisions, as well as coordinating intercompany financial activities.
- Provide the Group with all financial requirements on a timely and accurate basis
- Responsible for making strategic decisions, investment plans, financial planning/budgeting/ reporting, developing financial aspects of 3 year Annual Operating Plan (AOP), capital expenditure plan and cost control including P & L and cost centers responsibility.
- Analyzing Balance Sheet, P & L accounts, and cost centers.
- Keeping all relevant records, archives, and legal documents in a proper manner
- Prepare timely monthly MIS reports with sound analyses and variance explanations, and send it to the Group timely.
- Prepare annual accounts and ensure timely finalization of audits.
- Manage the working capital with the clear mandate to improve stock management and reduce stock levels, reduce Accounts Receivables & reduce finance costs.
- Manage all company taxes and ensure compliance
- Responsible for Business Intelligence (BI) by integrating cross-functional business activities and transactions thru’ IT solutions. Designing IT strategies and infrastructure/services plan.
- Forecasting the funding requirements, assess its impact on the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, monitoring bank overdrafts limits, and proper cash and treasury management.
- Prepare complete and meaningful presentations for various funds requirements.
- Financial planning of new projects (Capex, acquisitions, new products, expansion, etc).
- Reviewing and analyzing Internal Audit observations and deciding corrective actions on it.
- Setting and monitoring Finance & Controlling and IT functions goal and objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- In coordination with the Internal Audit Manager, enhancing and monitoring the Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Coordinating internal and external audits.
- In coordination with Group Treasury, monitoring currency exposure and the currency risks.
- Monitoring financial statutory requirements and compliances, etc.
- Monitoring legal cases pertaining to Finance & Accounts function (such as doubtful debts).
- Control and ensure appropriate operational costs and overheads.
- Participating actively in management meetings and discussion on business strategy.
- Understanding Company’s new and modified business avenues, modal, strategy, etc., and aligning Finance & Controlling and IT functions with them.
- Organizational development thru’ leadership development plans, succession planning, etc for critical positions in the department.
- Developing, training Finance & Controlling staff.
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement methodologies with specific focus on growth, cost reduction and process improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with 8 - 10 years functional experience of which 5 years as FC with a Real Estate Company
- International experience and Africa a plus
- Good experience of working in an ERP environment like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics system
- Relevant Functional Skills & Expertise
- Computer literacy with good IT skills.
- Excellent leadership skills. Resource & People Management.
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills.
- Financial modeling (i.e. discounted cash flow).
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale