The Workplace Centre is a state-of-the-art skills development centre that provides employability and entrepreneurial skills training as well as HR intervention services to its clients.
We are recruiting for our client (a multinational) in the Oil and Gas/Logistics Industry.
Purpose of Position (Summary of why this position exist)
To provide a comprehensive financial support services to the operations of TSL Logistics Limited which includes accounting and budgeting and control, financial analysis and advice, fixed assets management and payroll, ensuring accurate and timely financial information and advice in accordance with company’s financial policies and guideline
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversee bank account and cash management, cash flow forecasts, expenditure management and CAPEX procedures, tax management, fixed assets management and depreciation
2. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial statements and company-wide financial performance report, management reports, etc., meeting deadlines
3. Ensure that payroll is managed effectively and salaries paid promptly as at when due.
4. Ensure petty cash, cash and bank accounts are managed effectively and customer invoices are paid promptly with accurate records kept.
5. In conjunction with Head of Finance, prepares budgets, forecasts and other financial plans and carry out continuous follow-ups.
6. Liaison and relationship management with the banks, company’s internal auditors, statutory auditors and other legal authorities, ensuring compliance with statutory accounting requirements, regulations and fiscal obligations.
7. Ensure that statutory accounts are maintained, most especially in such areas as PAYE, Withholding tax, Pension, Company tax, etc
8. Ensure effective control of the company's financial accounting systems, policies and ensure procedures are appropriate and are complied with.
9. Monitor the input and processing of financial data Financial Application (NAVISION) ensuring data integrity
10. In consultation with the Head of Finance, manage the financial risk of the company at the location (i.e. exchange rate risk, interest rate risk etc)
11. Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation. Carry out other tasks as may be assigned.
12. Manage investment in money market instruments (fixed deposit,call accounts etc), ensuring the company gets the best return out of its investments.
13. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) required
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices and financial management.
• Knowledge of financial, budgetary and accounting systems, methods and control procedures.
• Good grasp of Accounting database and software package (NAVISION)
• Excellent organization, analytical and administrative skills.
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Suite products – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and IMS application.
• Excellent communication (oral and verbal) skills with demonstrated excellence in reporting and presentation to a high standard.
• Ability to work in multicultural environment and with minimal supervision.
Academic qualifications and experience required
1. BSc. in Accounting, Business, Economics or related fields. A masters degree in will be added advantage. Additional qualification of ACA or ACCA is essential.
2. Minimum of 5years previous experience in Finance and Accounting functions. Experience in the oil and gas industry is added advantage.
Key Competencies (The understanding of the observable and measurable knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes required to be successful on the job)
• Relationship Building:
o Develops and maintains working relationship with customers and staff
o Managing team goals, providing support while understanding people’s perception and concerns.
• Planning & Organising:
o Prioritises and delegates tasks effectively; handles multiple tasks appropriately, applying administrative and problem solving skills
o Communicates clearly and coherently (verbal and written) for employees and external client understanding
• Achieving Results:
o Sets priorities and adopts strategies which balance short term and long range objectives.
o Familiar with standards and processes to achieve apportioned tasks
• People Development:
o Takes clear steps to train and mentor team members to improve on their performances
o Takes responsibility for others and own development
• Negotiating and Influence:
o Persuades and convinces colleagues, superiors and clients to achieve goal for the company
Applicants should forward their Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com using FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT as the subject of the email.