Sokoto State University is a new conventional degree awarding Institution whose motto "It all begins here" depicts the historic leadership of its locale In the promotion of knowledge and scholarship.
Therefore, the vision of the University is to become a world-class Institution that produces globally competitive graduates who can advance economic development and are prepared to meet the challenges of contemporary realities.
it is in this regard that the University wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position:
- The Bursar as a Principal Officer shall be the Chief Finance Officer of the University.
- She/he shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration and management of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualifications end Experience
- Prospective candidates must possess a good first Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University.
- In addition, he/she must have a recognized professional qualification, such as ICAN, ACA, ANAN, CPA, ACMA, ACCA or ICMA.
- Candidates should have at least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience, preferably in a university or comparable institution.
- Higher degree(s) is an added advantage.
- The candidate shall be a person with proven academic distinction, impeccable character integrity and transparency.
- He/she must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- He/She also must have knowledge and awareness of the complexity of a University financial system.
- Candidates must demonstrate advance proficiency in MS-Excel and other accounting software.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar in Nigerian Universities as approved by the Sokoto State Government and the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and Twenty-five (25) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating their the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- Qualifications with Dates (photocopies to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts. They should also state their vision (in not more than 300 words) for the University in the next five years with particular reference to funds generation and management.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked "Post of the Bursar, Sokoto State University Sokoto" addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Sokoto State University,
Birnin Kebbi Road,