Niger River Basin Authority - In the 1960s, the independent countries of the Niger Basin decided to coordinate their efforts in order to exploit the natural resources of the basin, among which water is the first. The Niamey Act related to Navigation and economic Cooperation between the countries of the Niger Basin was signed on October 26, 1963 and was replaced by Niamey Agreement related to the River Niger Commission and to Navigation and transportation on the Niger River which was signed on November 25, 1964. The Commission of the Niger River was renamed the Niger Basin Authority on November 21, 1980.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Under the responsibility and supervision of the WRDPSEM ana NRBMP Regional Accountant, you will bring the necessary support in terms of accounting and financial management of the projects. So you will mainly:
- Perform entry of accounting documents on TOMPRO Accounting and Financial Management software;
- Perform administrative formalities for obtaining exemptions for goods and services through the projects Processes;
- Make verification of accounting records form NFS;
- Perform cash expenditure;
- Setup funds applications renewal and the necessary documentation for advance account funding;
- Keep goods and supply management sheets;
- Set up payment requests and follow up;
- Keep updated accounting records, sheets and books;
- Keep a detailed computerized accounting book;
- Sort and file accounting documents;
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- You will, in addition, perform any other tasks required by the Regional Accountant in line with the WRDPSEM and NRBMP projects.
- M / F, A-level G2 option graduate, you prove at least eight (8) years of experience in book keeping, including six (6) in accounting programmes/Projects financed by world bank, or with other donors.
- You have good knowledge of computer and basic applications (Excel, Word, MS Outlook) as well as accounting applications software including TOMPRO.
- Proven skills in oral and writing communications in French/English with practical skills in one language.
- Organised, able to work in team and under pressure in a multicultural environment, with good concentration, organisation, analysis, synthesis anticipation and report writing abilities, you are discreet in carrying your tasks out.
go to method of application »
- Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator of the Water Resources Development Programme and Sustainable Ecosystems Management of the Niger river basin (WRDPSEM) and of the Niger Basin Management Project tNRBMP), you will implement the monitoring and evaluation procedures (M & E) defined in the M & E manuals of the WRDPSEM and guidelines contained in the WROPSEM and NRBMP Implementation Manual.
- You will control the various activities in these areas in connection with NBA National Focal Structures (NFS / NBA), the National Implementation Agencies (NSA) and other experts of the Management and Coordination Unit.
So this will be your main activities:
- Project M & E Implementation system
- Coordinating activities implementation for the project impact monitoring; ;
- Operationalization and management of M & E program system;
- Harmonization of technical monitoring with cost accounting;
- Capitalization and restitution of the main project deliverables, production of M & E system reports.
- M/F Engineer (A-level +5 or beyond) in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical /Mechanical Engineering , Statistics / Economics, Forestry, in Natural Resource Management or any other field in connection with projects, a professional experience of at least 10 years in project monitoring and evaluation.
- You are also skilled in statistics and data processing, rural and local development.
- A proven familiarity with computer application (Word. Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, MS Project) and basic skills in databases and GIS would be an asset.
- You are proficient in English or French, both in writing and speaking with good working knowledge of the other language.
- Able to work in team, under pressure and able to adapt to frequent changes in a multicultural environment, with good concentration, organization, analysis, synthesis and anticipation abilities as well as report writing, you can also handle confidential information.
go to method of application »
- Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator of the water Resources Development Programme and Sustainable Ecosystems Management in the Niger river basin (WRDPSEM) and of the Niger River Basin Management Project (NRBMP), you will Implement procurement procedures defined in the WROPSEM and NRBMP implementation manuals, the WRDPSEM and NBA procurement manuals and guidelines contained in the WROPSEM implementation manual.
- You will pilot various activities in these areas in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines and in conjunction with the NBA National Focal Structures (NFS / NBA) the National Implementation Agencies (NSA) the National Implementation Agencies (NIA) and other experts of the Management and Coordination Unit.
So this will be your main activities:
- Implementing the project procurement function and system, standing as consultant;
- Regular production of the project procurement plan updates and activities reporting (on a quarterly and final basis)
- Ensuring the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Setting up a simple procurement management system.
- Ensuring the qualify of the entire acquisition process.
- Planning. preparing and coordinating consultants and goods vesting schedule and services for each project
- Preparing progress reports as per required by the acquisition procedures manual of the project coordination Unit but also any other report required by the donor as part of the project Implementation.
- Developing a procurement records filing system for each market including all referring documents with documents relating to payments enabling any subsequent review from IDA or procurement external audit
- M / F, post graduate degree in Engineering, Administration, Law, Economics, Management (minimum A level +5 or equivalent degree), you have at least ten (10) years professional experience including six (6) at least as procurement specialist for World Bank financing or co-financing projects or similar institutions with similar procurement procedures.
- Familiarity with computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, MS Project) Is required.
- Proven skills In oral communication and report writing in French I English with practical skills in one language.
- Organized teaching skills, able to work in teams under pressure in a multicultural environment, you have good analytical and problem solving skills related to procurements monitoring and contracts implementation (African Development Bank and World Bank).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Send detailed CV specifying the academic curriculum and professional experiences, a cover letter, the certified copies of diplomas, and a copy of the National Identity Cad or Passport to:
Fadika Raynal & HR,
18 Bp 1107 Abidjan 18,
Near Treichville UHC - es Simo Building,
Note: Vacancy is based at NBA's head office in Niamey/Republic of Niger. Candidates must be nationals of NBA Member States (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d’lvoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria et Chad).