- The incumbent will be responsible for active BASF Market and Business development in West Africa.
- Identify new business opportunities and prepare market plans in close collaboration with the operational divisions.
- Will be required to lead development initiatives and integrate and align with various BASF business units.
- Will be expected to provide strategy and analysis for entry into new markets, as well as to further market share and growth in existing markets.
- Generate market intelligence for relevant industries in alignment with the BASF Africa strategy.
- Support lobbying work in the industry and in selected associations and foster suitable partnerships.
- Lead project teams to meet business objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant tertiary qualification in a Technical or Scientific field.
- A Post Graduate qualification in Business Management would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Sales and Market Development role within an international environment, and be able to demonstrate high flexibility in complex market environments.
- Good systems proficiency in MS Office is required. Fluency in English as well as the ability to communicate with people and develop meaningful business relationships across all levels and backgrounds.
- Exposure to the chemical industry would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of BASF products desired, whilst knowledge of the West African market is required.
- High levels of business savvy as well as strong negotiation skills would be added advantage.