CA Global Headhunters is an international recruitment and staffing company with an in-depth focus on Recruitment in Africa. We recruit talent of the highest standard across African Sectors in Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities and Agriculture. As the African markets further grow and develop, our skills and expertise simultaneously grow too, ensuring that we deliver the best service for both clients and candidates. Our extensive candidate network built up over 8 years comprises the most diverse, skilled and experienced candidates.
Our client has a successful operating mine in West Africa – They are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Services Manager to lead and advise on all commercial matters onsite.
- Provide leadership and oversee the development of proper commercial practices
- Develop a framework of selection criteria for potential suppliers to conform to according to international best practice for small listed companies
- Develop a financial framework for the acquisition of goods and services within the overall appointed authority structure set by the Group
- Lead the Group’s insurance programme in conjunction with the Group’s insurance brokers
- Represent the Group in any dispute resolution with suppliers including direct negotiations with suppliers
- Oversee procurement activities to ensure supplies of goods, services and equipment for daily operational needs are met
- Ensure that commercial negotiations result in the best value for money in terms of price whilst not comprising on quality
- Develop strong warehousing procedures that safeguard the Group’s purchased consumables and ensure items can be efficiently located and utilised within operations
- Oversee logistics activities from point of delivery at freight forwarders to delivery at site to ensure purchased items are securely and efficiently transported
- Work closely with operations team to ensure critical supplies are maintained on site and develop re-ordering processes to maintain minimum/maximum levels without unnecessarily increasing working capital
- Assess activities undertaken by the Group which may be better provided by a third party in terms of cost, quality and efficiency
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Graduate Degree
- Relevant post graduate qualification (ACA / MBA) desirable
- Working knowledge of Pronto advantageous
- Experience of warehousing and logistics for operations in emerging markets with long supply chains
- Reporting to the CFO –managing a team of 15 people with three direct reports.
- Experience of successfully negotiating contracts within an asset intensive business environment
- Strong commercial skills with an ability to build productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience of a commercial role in a listed environment and implementing an appropriate control environment is important
- 2-3 year expatriate contract
- 7/3 rotation – FIFO into West Africa
- USD Market related salary
Method of Application
To apply, visit CA Global's Career Page on Catsone
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.