Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
The Senior Relationship Manager is primarily responsible for servicing and managing customer relationship within the priority banking segment by engaging them, uncovering their needs and providing them with the appropriate products , services and solutions within the retail banking segment.
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for profitability and volume growth within the assigned portfolio with a focus on new acquisition, deepening of existing customers relationship and cross thereby increasing the clients wallet share with the bank
* Manage and anticipate client requirements with a focus towards managing the existing base as well as increase cross product holding per client.
* Build, understand and sustain relationships with the client's circle of influence (e.g. a parent, mentor, advisor or other family member)
* Consistent and frequent communication with client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
* Serve as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognise and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to decision.
* Provide ongoing portfolio supervision, with a continuous focus towards helping the client adapt to changes in personal circumstances and the financial environment.
* Retain existing high value clients by growth of wallet with the bank through relationship management activities.
* Resolve client queries without further escalation.
* Effectively convert service recovery to sales opportunities and sustained client loyalty.
Customer / Business acquisition
* Drive portfolio growth through new to bank (NTB) customer acquisition and increased product per customer (PPC) ratio for existing to bank clients (ETB).
* Based on client profile, map client potential and work towards up streaming to Private Banking segment.
Customer engagement, needs analysis and consultation
* Offer a consistent yet differentiated customer experience by offering holistic needs analysis and consultation to key clients in portfolio management taking ownership of all categories of customer service matters.
* Gather competitive intelligence to determine what competitors are offering clients, product positioning and service offerings.
* Continuously track market trends and ensure up to date knowledge of market offerings to be able to provide advice on potential financial planning solutions based on client needs.
* Carry out investment risk profile assessment of clients
* Identify & partner with product specialists to provide expert advice across a wide range of financial matters such as retirement planning, estate planning, asset allocation, forex rates etc.
Risk management & control
* Ensure meeting clients requirements while ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities by all staff.
* Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
* Sound knowledge of all aspects of general banking, retail operations and credit operations / deposit and lending products / inspection and audit requirements, as applicable.
* Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention.
* Ensure CDD compliance for all new to bank and existing customers.
* Ensure zero operational loss and effective complaint management.
* Effective reject management.
* Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control
* Ensure strict compliance and responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory audit rating
* Credit risk knowledge - Core / Advance
* Regulatory knowledge - Core / Advance
* Market and competition knowledge - Core / Advance
* Funds product knowledge - Core
* Retail product knowledge - Core
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Standard Chartered Bank Career Page