CTG Global is a Human Resources Service Company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations, businesses, security companies and individuals that enables them to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Director will play a key role in the development of the following:
- Consolidate and integrate GHI service departments across all eHA country offices and programs
- Build a cloud-based shared informatics platform to support eHA solutions in Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea
- Provide GHI analysis, design, development and implementation to support the mission and goals of the eHA programs
- Develop Infectious Disease Surveillance Repositories (IDSR), health services and commodities informatics solutions, and other informatics solutions as needed
- To perform this job successfully, the Global Health Informatics Director must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the execution of informatics and technology strategy for shared cloud-based and local informatics platforms to support eHA informatics solutions for its partnerships, clients and partners.
- Builds and manage department teams and oversee research and development, as well as project management.
- Assists with the development of a sustainable business and cost model for the new division
- Provides visible leadership for the company within the Global and Public Health Informatics community.
- Anticipates and reacts to major technology changes to ensure the sustenance of eHA’s leadership in informatics solutions
- Establishes data management lifecycle standards and ensures adherence to various U.S. West African, and donor requirements
- Work with the PMO in the development of cost models and financial feasibility analyses for eHA programs and projects that utilize division services,
- Collaborate closely with PMO and assigned project managers and users to develop project charters and plans based on requirements gathered from various stakeholders
- Ensure that the management and deliverables of informatics solutions are completed on schedule and stakeholders are kept aware of progress and milestones
- Perform business and technical feasibility analyses of complex informatics projects
- Assess proposed projects against eHA’s existing technical architecture and policy standards, utilizing domain knowledge and an understanding of technology strengths & limitations necessary to provide solutions, as well as, open, patient and transparent communication skills with participating internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage selections and subsequent vendor relationships. Prepare written reports and deliver presentations on eHA informatics solutions.
- Assist or supervise and users in the design, development of informatics solutions for health and humanitarian logistics project and programs
- Build strategic relationships with key leaders in Global and Public Health Informatics to intimately understand the needs of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Plan and provision division growth with data collected from these partnerships
- Collaborate closely key partners to understand their requirements and ensure necessary buy-in. Maintains strong interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills. Is capable of providing support and encouragement to organizations undergoing change.
- Consistently and effectively manage your teams coaching and mentoring direct reports and ensuring good morale and growth of your employees. Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies to bring in new talent.
- In all areas, promotes and maintains a favorable work environment for yourself and others to assist in meeting the overall mission of eHA.
- Maintains a customer centric service ethic. Maintains strong presentation skills needed to deliver training, application demonstrations and other support activities.
- Collaborate actively with national partner institutions, professional associations, and vendors in conferences, meetings, and projects.
- Direct the planning, installation, training, support, and management of projects throughout the data lifecycle.
- Consult with vendors, administrative and clinical staff to assess, plan and design the user configurations, workflow, product setup, data content customization work (standards and conventions) and computing environment needs.
- Regularly report metrics to assess the quantity and quality of work being done by division teams.
- Oversee the implementation, configuration, testing, rollout and training for new and enhanced functionality. Assists in development and execution of project work breakdown structures and other project and operational documentation and procedures.
- Work with technical staff and data governance staff on issues relate to accessing data eHA data to support research, project, national government, and donor needs.
- Maintains functional knowledge of the relevant eHA source systems to enable the effective delivery of training and user assistance. Develops or oversees the development of the necessary test scenarios, documentation, training materials, support knowledgebase, and Master Data Definitions.
- Development and monitoring annual and multi-year capital and operational budgets for the various projects and programs.
- Assigns, supervises and evaluates the all eHA software solutions to optimize performance, integration, and interoperability.
- Maintains high standards necessary for the efficient and professional implementation of eHA informatics solutions and platforms
- Provides direct management of division department managers.
- Ensures compliance with legal provisions, eHA policies and best practices concerning data management, retention, licensing, and security.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of a network security function to ensure the integrity and privacy of the company’s data and computing environment and protect its investment in technology.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company worksites. Some international travel may be required.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meeting, staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Management and Administrative staff.
Education / Work Experience:
- Ph.D or Master’s degree in Health Informatics, Global/Public Health Informatics or other related field or equivalent years of education and work experience
- Five or more years of global and public health experience in sub-Saharan Africa in an international organization or non-profit organisation
- Experience working within US federally funded programs.
- Experience with technology systems, informatics strategic planning.
- Demonstrated executive/managerial skills, including experience managing complex programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short and long term strategic planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with Board of Directors, funders, community organisations, government officials, corporate executives, general public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technology project management
The Global Health Informatics Director should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behaves Ethically: Understands ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensures that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Builds Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Communicates Effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organisation and to create new opportunities.
- Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters.
- Fosters Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Makes Decisions: Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
- Plans: Determines strategies to move the organisation forward, sets goals, creates and implements actions plans, and evaluates the process and results.
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem.
- Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organisation.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in programs.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
Our client is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail to email@example.com with reference to “BHJOB2678_941” in the subject line. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.