Urgent Job Vacancy at AfriGrowth Foundation
Posted on: 25 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at AfriGrowth Foundation
AfriGrowth Foundation is a Non-profit organization committed to enhancing growth in needy communities. Founded on the belief that one of the greatest challenges we face in the world is poverty, we focus on eliminating poverty by initiating and supporting empowerment programs which develop techniques for self sufficiency. AfriGrowth Foundation is registered under part C of the Company and Allied Matters Act, laws of the Federation of Nigeria, decree no. 1 1990.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Social Media and Communications officer's primary responsibility is to coordinate and support the Program Officers and Management with implementing the communications and social media strategy and further ensuring consistency in communications delivery and in line with the Foundation’s mission and values.
- Responsible for developing new content, daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets. – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, , LinkedIn, etc
- Preparing reports to update management on usage statistics, and continuous monitoring and coverage of website. Must know how the obtain and present data.
- Responsible for developing and executing strategic social media, digital and print initiatives including developing and managing the Foundation’s newsletter, brochures, flyers and website.
- Must be able to deliver on project planning, design and execution.
- Manage the photo and video library
- Acts as on site contact for photo and video shoots
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Project Management - Prioritization
- Collaborates Broadly
- Builds Relationships
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
- Must have NGO experience or else do not apply
- Website design knowledge is a must
go to method of application »
- The Program Officer will be a highly motivated, well-organized self-starter with excellent interpersonal communications skills who enjoys public and community interactions.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide expertise in planning and executing the NGO stated projects according to deadlines and within budget.
- Communicate effectively to old and new stakeholders - Presentation Skills a must.
- Provide documentation on best practices and lessons learned during field work and present to Management.
- Required to prepare grant applications and seek funding for the operational and improvement of programs - Actively seek for financial and in-kind funding through grant applications, organizational and individual sponsorships, in-kind gifts, and other new sources of funding for the programs.
- Act as the Foundation’s liaison to external meetings.
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least 2 years of work experience, NGO or Community Development experience is a MUST.
- Demonstrate excellence in interpersonal skills. And Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a close-knit team-oriented setting.
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AfriGrowth FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)