Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Health & Child Survival programs including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program officers and government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State level Reporting
- Participate in the design of program monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, data bases, etc.) to track Health and Child Survival projects
- In collaboration with MOH and relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to program M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly program IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the program database is updated regularly
- Support program feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Support the M&E Adviser to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the M&E Adviser in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites
Objective 2: Support Program Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the M&E Advisor to monitor Health and Child Survival projects at the intervention states and communicate provide findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in evaluation of Health and Child Survival projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the Health Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism
- Support coordination of health projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Manage the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Work with state teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS Administrative & General Skills
- 5 years previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience in Health System Strengthening programs using the National HMIS software
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization example SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS)
- Fluency in English, Hausa spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills