Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world's poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: 13-8681
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Reports To:MSH Nigeria Country Representative
- This intervention on ICT for health should be fully aligned with Nigeria’s existing policies and strategies, including (add key policy dimensions).
- The eHealth strategy should aim at mainstreaming critical cross-cutting issues: it undertakes, in particular, to mainstream capacity building, gender and environmental aspects.
Purpose and objectives:
- A draft national eHealth strategy for Nigeria has recently been prepared.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to provide advice and technical expertise to the FMOH towards inclusion into the ongoing revision of the National Health Policy and the National Strategic Health Development Plan (NSHDP-2) and the preparation of a finished product - an approved national eHealth strategy - that is fully aligned to the provisions of the NHAct-2014.
The main objectives are to:
- Provide technical guidance to the FMOH in fast-tracking the inclusion of the provisions of the framework into the ongoing revision of the National Health Policy and the National Strategic Health Development Plan (NSHDP-2) towards a speedy roll out of an aligned and approved national eHealth strategy.
- The consultant should support the meeting with state teams to socialize the Framework, capture of feedback from the states and report on comments from the state level stakeholders.
- Align such feedback on the framework with the NHAct.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Consultant
Working under the guidance of the Directorate Health Planning, Research and Statistics, the consultant will:
- Provide technical assistance to the strategy development core group in aligning and navigating issues around approval processes. Review and identify Health sector-specific opportunities and challenges in Nigeria that address ICT in health; and identify a few applications that have had significant impact in Africa or elsewhere and that have the potential of being scaled up
- Provide assistance to the development of a strategy to support ICT for Health as well as actionable recommendations on how to include ICT for Health in policy dialogue and planning with development counterparts on sectoral development goals and priorities; and
- Provide guidance and technical expertise for facilitating the finalization of the national eHealth strategy of Nigeria.
The following principles constitute the core values which underpin this Technical Assistance support activity:
- Alignment and Country Ownership: the approach used will be underscored by reviewing the NHAct and providing evidence of country ownership.
- Leveraging the Private sector: leverage investment of the private sector at local government, state and national levels.
- Selectivity and Complementarity: ICT will be anchored on the FMOH’s strategic operational priorities and the development challenges facing health. Support will be based on an integrated approach and selectivity taking into account complementarities with other actors including the private sector.
- Catalytic Role: This consultancy should help identify how the FMOH can continue to play a catalytic and convening role to leverage enhanced access to information and knowledge resources for ICT support for health sector development in Nigeria and ensure sustainable and predictable financing after the end of the current supporting project.
- Modularity: ICT Intervention in the health sector will be modular and incremental in order to provide for flexibility and replication of best practices. Modularity will ensure a more responsive, dynamic, scalable and flexible operations in the eHealth activities.
- Integrated approach: The work will be based on an integrated approach that builds synergy among different sectors to maximize development impact.
- National focus: The approach should encourage national programs that promote cooperation and bring sustainable results at national level.
- Results: The approach to ICT for health will be results-oriented. To this end, relevant and measurable result indicators and targets will be identified and developed for any operation in the sector.
- Report on how to align and the existing draft eHealth Strategy with the NHAct-2014
- NHAct aligned draft National eHealth strategy for Nigeria ready for management approval processes.
Duration and Fees of the Assignment:
- 20 person-days distributed as follows:
- 20 pers on-days of one eHealth consultant
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit MSH Career Page