Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
Specialization: Logistics, Fleet Management, Supplies, Facility Management & Administration
- To provide oversight and central coordination of all procurement operations to meet business needs
- To provide quality administrative services to support business operations and provide a conducive work environment.
- Defines and develops a comprehensive end-to-end procurement strategy including performance benchmarks in line with the business strategy
- Provides oversight and direction across the organisation’s procurement operations - sourcing, purchasing, inventory and storage
- Provides oversight and direction over the organisation’s administrative support services to ensure a conducive work environment facilities & enterprise management and maintenance
- Coordinates the development of procurement policies and reviews on a regular basis to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory policies
- Coordinates the implementation of best-in-class logistics solutions that minimise financial and operational risks - determines and negotiates insurance premiums for IBEDC’s movable and immovable assets
- Develops logistics budgets and evaluates performance against budgeted targets
- Establishes and monitors corporate logistics-based performance metrics - analyses and reports performance to ensure regulatory compliance and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Coordinates the implementation of technology to drive logistic operations e.g. automated systems
- Coordinates all logistic operations in compliance with companies policies, procedures and government regulations
- Works closely with other functional areas (Finance/HR/IT/Facilities) to secure support and resources for completion of daily tasks, projects and initiatives
Functional Competence Requirements:
- Deep understanding of the Utilities Industry
- Demonstrated experience leading supply chain operations for large high volume, high value companies
- Proven experience using ERPs
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good knowledge of procurement practices and principles - Inventory, Purchasing, Contracting, Material Management, insurance, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial information, budgets, and program performance
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic plan
- Strong risk and opportunity management skills
- Proven negotiation and contract management skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or any related discipline
- A master's degree in management, administration, logistics or any related discipline is required
- A certification in MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply).
- At least 20+ years relevant work experience in distribution operations / services with 7 years of supervisory experience
go to method of application »
Specialization: Marketing / Business Development
- To carry out business development activities in relation to IBEDC corporate account - manage (identify new and sustain existing business relationship) IBEDC’s business relationship with industrial customers.
- Develops, builds and manages IBEDC’s corporate accounts (Maximum Demand - Industrial customers)
- Identifies potential new clients within IBEDC’s area of operations
- Coordinates all new connections (MD only) and meter installations (working with Technical Operations)
- Manages customer relationships and identifies business growth opportunities (new and existing MD customers classes)
- Devises relevant strategies to manage relationship with existing MD clients and identification of new MD
- Manage service delivery processes for MD customers (Meter reading, Billing, Payments, Customer assistance, Service Irregularities etc.)
- Ensures the implementation of IBEDC’s customer services policies with respect to MD customers
- Attends to customer (MD) queries/complaints on the field and escalates to proper channels to ensure such complaints are captured and addressed accordingly
- Keeps abreast of market trends and supplies management with insights on customer needs, problems, interests and innovative ways for service delivery.
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Knowledge of Utilities Industry
- Strategic planning and Business Development (services and products)
- Strong Customer Relation Management skill
- Knowledge of Marketing & Customer Insights
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal , negotiation and communications skills
- Knowledge of billing /collection practices, procedures, and basic software in billing reconciliation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant billing applications utilised by IBEDC
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor's Degree (in Engineering, Business disciplines or any related field)
- A master’s degree in a Business related field is required
- Membership of a professional body in the Management or Marketing field is required
Method of Application
To apply for these positions, visit IBEDC's career page on WorkForce
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.