If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tezza Business Solutions Ltd is a “niche” service provider of Software Development, Quality Assurance and Software Testing services. Tezza began its operations as Web Development Company in 2000 in Overland Park, Kansas. Since then, we’ve evolved into a Services-oriented company who only engage in Product development as a value-add service to our customers who continue to appreciate our “Customer First” Service Delivery approach.
Tezza opened its first office in Kenya in 2009 with a primary goal of building capacity of qualified software development and testing resources to work on outsourced projects from North America. Since 2009, Tezza has grown in size and reputation with over 150 resources and offices in key 4 East and West African countries – Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda. Tezza has now become the #1 QA and Software Testing Company in East Africa providing services to companies within the Banking, Insurance, Healthcare and Telecommunication market verticals.
Our Software Testing Trainee Program is a unique opportunity for you to INVEST in your future by allowing us to expose you to the world of software testing and to prepare you for a consulting/freelance opportunity with our company. This $6,000 Training Opportunity is offered freely to candidates selected based on the aforementioned criteria. Please note the following:
- THIS IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT. YOU WILL BE TRAINED TO BECOME A FREELANCE OR CONSULTING SOFTWARE TESTER WHO TEZZA CAN RECRUIT TO WORK ON PROJECTS THAT SPAN 1 MONTH – 2 YEARS IN DURATION.
- YOU ARE NOT PAID DURING YOUR TRAINING PERIOD. TEZZA WILL PAY FOR YOUR LUNCH DURING YOUR TRAINING.
- YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO PAY FOR THE TRAINING. IT IS FREE AND YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK FOR OTHER ORGANIZATIONS WITH YOUR NEWLY ACQUIRED SKILL SETS. THE ONLY REQUEST IS THAT YOU ALLOW TEZZA TO REPRESENT YOU DURING YOUR JOB SEARCH.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE A 95% PLACEMENT RATE FOR OUR TRAINEES. 95% OF THOSE WE TRAIN END UP GETTING PLACED AT A CLIENT SITE WITHIN 1 TO 90 DAYS AFTER TRAINING.
Qualifications And Experience
- Identifying and subsequently defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage and evaluating the overall quality experienced when testing the Target Test Items
- Review test documentation (scripts/software details) to ensure test instructions are clear prior to commencing testing
- Review defects found with the Test Team Leader and/or Project Test Lead
- Demonstrate an understanding of wider platform defects/issues (software/hardware) which may impact on the testing of the software
- Attend test planning meetings, as required to minimise problems experienced during testing
- Participate in ongoing projects and initiatives ensuring that the team processes and procedures are in line with the wider department objectives.
- Minimum of First degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or other related fields
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps(NYSC)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as PHP, C, C#, Java, .NET, and Visual Basic is an added advantage
- Exposure to Mobile Application Development
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Having unquestionable integrity, self-starter, energetic and result driven
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team, on several concurrent tasks with changing priorities
go to method of application »
The Test Lead role performs planning, monitoring, and control of the testing activities on small, medium to large scale projects. The role assures conformity to Tezza's and Clients' testing practices and standards across all project as well as coordinating cross portfolio interactions and dependencies.
This role working with Project Management (Test Managers or Project Managers), Application Development and multiple test teams, manages the analysis, design, planning and execution of testing for major corporate projects and initiatives. They lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases, test procedures and test suites and thus they must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and techniques to enable them manage daily workload of Test Analysts and give direction.
Level of Scope
- Assignments will be tactical in nature
- Form a working relationship with the clients within which you have responsibility.
- Develop Test Plans for projects within your divisions and feed those into the project plans of the customer’s larger projects.
- Ensure suitable resources are scheduled to the testing projects to allow the testing of those projects to occur within the required time-frames.
- Work from Functional Specifications to ensure appropriate Test Scripts are prepared which cover the testing requirements of a project, and which will test the software to agreed guidelines.
- Manage testing resources to ensure accurate and precise execution of the Test Scripts and ensure documentary evidence is produced and recorded in the agreed format.
- Verify defects are effectively recorded, communicated and understood
- Ensure appropriate test environments are established and maintained.
- Develop a network of internal and external contacts to improve technical knowledge and improve communication channels.
- Produce appropriate documentation for reporting the progress of all software testing in a clear and concise format.
- Communicate effectively with the Test Managers, identifying and escalating issues in a timely manner, ensuring full details are obtained.
- Spend some of your time acting as a Software Tester, writing Test Scripts and executing those Test Scripts, either under your own direction or that of another Test Team Lead.
- Coordinate defect triage meetings for all test phases
- Mentor and provide guidance to testers
- Analyze and ensure test results and changes/defect are reflected in the test case and test cases are updated appropriately based on resolution
- Identify and recommend process improvements as necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Tezza Career Page on CatSone