1. Management of ICT Systems
Ensure that ICT systems effectively managed to advance the productivity and effectiveness of the office work by implementing the corporate ICT policy, strategy, technology, and systems, as per CPMP requirements.
- Draft, administer or oversee a relevant information management plan and related budget. Implement office computerization, applications, network, telecommunications, database and records management, ensuring the appropriateness, productivity and cost effectiveness of local computing and telecommunications facilities to meet programme, communication and operations requirements of the office in accord with the Country Programme Management Plan and the UNICEF corporate ICT strategy, policies, guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Support the office's information technology needs through seamless integration of UNICEF corporate computer applications with specific local office requirements.
- Supports the operating systems platforms. Maintain operational efficiency and user mobility (laptops/notebooks).
- Make recommendations on ICT policies, procedures and office ICT systems for improvement through appropriate mechanisms.
2. Information/Knowledge Management
Support and implement tools for information/knowledge management and knowledge-sharing to provide the vital and strategic information for managing and supporting the Country Programme the goals and targets of the CPMP and the Country Programme.
- Enhance knowledge management through coordination of office information/data/records management including systems for the acquisition, storage and retrieval of data; management of the local database capacity using standard ICT database. Provide support to ensure the accuracy and accessibility of data sources.
- Provide ICT facilities and technical support for tracking and analyzing key annual programme indicators as required for facilitating the Country Management Team/ Senior Management Team's programme and management planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluations.
- Provide ICT support for providing necessary data and information for management reports including the annual reports that draw on monitoring and analysis of key management indicators.
3. Infrastructure and Security
Ensure that the Country Office is provided with effective infrastructure and security.
- Ensure that the appropriate local computing and telecommunications facilities in place to meet programme requirements.
- Ensure the proper installation of software and hardware in accordance with the ICT policies and procedures
- Ensure that ICT security, firewall administration and antivirus infrastructures are effectively in place, updated and maintained on an on-going basis.
- Ensure ICT security level monitoring and escalations procedures/processes.
- Monitor security related sites for relevant information on new threats / risks which may impact normal ICT operations. Perform periodic reviews / monitoring for non-compliance. Review security logs and report suspicious and/or unauthorized activities.
- Monitor inventory and system performance for effective maintenance, improvement and prevention of problems.
4. Applications Administrations
Ensure that the Country Office is provided with professional technical support for effective administrations of corporate applications.
- Ensure effective Messaging Operations of corporate applications (e.g., Lotus Notes/Domino, Webmail)
- Ensure effective ProMS operations and production.
- Ensure effective ICT Infrastructure operations.
- Ensure effective User Administration in place.
5. Network Administration/Data Communication/ Telecommunications
Ensure that the Country Office is provided with professional technical support for effective network administration, Tele and data communication.
- Manage and support the administration of network, including LAN and WAN.(e.g., Internet).
- Ensure that the Country Office is provided with the effective telecommunications facilities (network security, firewalls, VoIP, routers).
- Support the effective data communications, and provide ongoing monitoring of troubleshooting and enhancement of the effectiveness, reliability and broader ICT telecommunications coordination with NYHQ.
6. User support & assistance
Ensure that the Country Office is provided with professional technical support for the user in the areas of information technology.
- Implement effective user administration
- Ensure to make effective and efficient local Help Desk service facilities available to users.
- Provide technical guidance and ad-hoc trouble shooting to all users in the duty station.
- Provide user documentation for major systems, specialized advice to users including advising on the use of new application systems and technology.
- Analyze users' business requirements, upgrade/enhance existing user systems, and perform troubleshooting and provide continuing user support.
- Prepare training materials and conduct technical demonstration/presentation/briefing as suited to the local situation. Effectively deploy training materials, operating and user manuals, and train staff in the use of ICT systems and applications.
7. ICT Evaluation and Audit
Evaluation of ICT systems effectively utilized to ensure the strategic use of information technology and resources, improved performance and wider learning at Country Office level. Audit recommendations on ICT properly advised and implemented.
- Provide technical contribution to the evaluation of ICT systems in the country office, in compliance with the established procedures and guidelines, ensuring that ICT meets quality standards as established in UNICEF ICT Policy.
- Findings, conclusions, recommendations and lessons learnt from ICT evaluation are effectively disseminated to the intended audience with a view to improving ICT performance and contributing to wider learning. Ensure ICT evaluation results are fed into key ICT planning processes including the Annual Reviews and the Mid-Term Reviews, and formulation of the Country Programme Document, the Country Programme Action Plan and the Annual Work Plans.
- Ensure that management responses to the findings and recommendations of the ICT evaluation are monitored for follow-up implementation. ICT evaluation recommendations are submitted to the Country Management Team for follow-up actions.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed audit recommendations. Advise on corrective measures to be taken.
8. ICT Capacity Building
Ensure that the ICT capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in information technology management processes.
- Ensure that ICT capacity building strategy is in place and corresponding activities are identified and implemented in the context of the UNICEF corporate ICT plan.
- Ensure that Country Office staffs have the basic knowledge and skills to fulfil their ICT requirements, and training is planned and carried out to fill identified gaps. Acts as coach and trainer for the ICT capacity building function.
- Ensure that Country Office staff and national partners are aware of and have access to UNICEF information technology management and learning resources.
- Make contributions to building up learning and development activities for enhancement of information/knowledge management capacity within the country office.
9. Communication, Networking and Partnerships
Ensure that all of the above tasks are carried out and accomplished through effective communication, networking and partnerships.
- Facilitate coordination and broad integrated planning of information technology activities within the Country Office, the UN Country Team and the wider international community, in the context of internal office management plans, the country programme process, the UNDAF and information technology approaches.
- Facilitate coordination and sharing effective information technology activities and practices with national partners, the UN Country Team and the wider international community.
- Provide technical advice to Country Office staff and national partners on data processing, data management and data analysis for basic information management.
- Provide synthesis of ICT evaluation results to the country office senior management, the Country Management Team and key programme and operations staff.
- Facilitate learning from the results of ICT evaluation within the Country Office and more widely within UNICEF in the region and globally, as well as among national partners and other key stakeholders.
- Receive specific technical support on ICT issues from the Regional ICT Advisors and headquarters advisors, as required.
- Partner with the Regional ICT Adviser to ensure the availability of current and accurate ICT information, data and results.
- Collaborate with Regional ICT Advisers and HQ Officers for overall coordination of priority ICT initiatives, changes, and other activities.