O'Spaces Nigeria Limited has delivered numerous public, industrial, commercial, and residential projects meeting the needs of our clients. We handle all phases of building construction from renovations to new construction, and are committed to excellent quality construction and timely delivery of projects within budget.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The primary assignment of the successful candidates will be to:
- Price Bills of Quantity for projects tendered for by the company
- Prepare monthly project valuation reports.
Qualification and Experienced
- B.Sc. and HND Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates must have worked as QS for a construction company.
Additional Requirements for Quantity Surveyors
- Must understand the different types of bonds and where they are applicable - Advance Payment, Retention, Performance, Bid etc
- Must understand how to prepare material and labour schedule
- Must be able to prepare BOQ with rates taking off with project drawings
- Must have excellent understanding of grades of concrete with their mix ratios
- Must have excellent understanding of how to prepare valuations and variation claims
- Must understand what terms like penultimate valuation, half moiety, LAD, etc.
- Must understand how to price project preliminaries in relation to extension of time.
- Must understand the various methods of valuing preliminaries for an ongoing project
- Must understand the preambles and conditions of contract - FIDIC , SMM and JCT
- Must understand the various types of contracts - Fixed, Fluctuating, All inclusive etc
- Must understand site materials inventory management and control.
- Must have executed at least two projects with the value of 500 Million Naira (10 Million Cedis) each, or a single project with a value of 1 Billion Naira (20 Million Cedis) as the QS in charge for a construction company.
- Must have good understanding of how to perform cost control analysis, and draw up reports on changes to work and contractor’s claims.
HMO, Group Life Insurance, Pension (and including employer's contribution), Annual Leave, Performance Bonus Sharing etc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.