As a Program Manager, you will coordinate, manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups program, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region. This could include responsibility for Google events, as well as having responsibility for content. Additionally, you will manage local regional (West and Central Africa) relationships with regional developers and start-up communities, including technology hubs, incubators and accelerators. You will meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs to them. You will also track both the top apps and top developers from your assigned region and look at how Google can better spotlight both them and their apps.
You will act as the “regional expert” for West and Central Africa within the Developer Relations team, in addition to managing the Google Developer Groups (GDG) program across Sub-Saharan Africa and other programs as needed.
The Program Manager role is not tied to a particular product assignment, but rather is regionally-focused in an attempt to drive interest in a broad range of products that are strategic to Google's success in various global regions. You have a strong technical background, as well as a history as an active participant/lead in developer or startup communities, and exceptional project/program management skills.
You ideally have a community management background with a deep understanding of ecosystem interactions between and among various developer communities. You will find creative ways to increase impact by working closely with technology hubs, Google Developer Experts (GDE), Google Developer Groups, Google Developers Launchpad and other related developer initiatives in the region.
- Ensure that developers, startups and partners in the local region are successful through building applications and businesses on Google's platforms.
- Coordinate and execute both online and offline outreach in the local region. This could include responsibility for community-driven events like Google Developer Groups events, as well as having responsibility for local content, regional blogs and social networking channels.
- Identify and engage key top developers in the region to become Google Developer Experts and connect local GDEs with internal and other external experts/communities.
- Ensure that the GDG program is active and sustainable across Sub-Saharan Africa. Track performance of GDG chapters and manage growth of the GDG program.
- Map and understand the local region’s developer and startup ecosystem.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as an active participant in technical/developer/startup communities.
- Experience with conference presentation or other public speaking.
- Good understanding of Google’s developer product offering.
- Excellent coordination, communication and project management skills.
- Fluency in English, French and/or Portuguese
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Do cool things that matter at Google Lagos.
Learn more about our Lagos office
Lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects and usher them through the entire lifecycle.
Learn more about our Program Management roles
Evangelize Google technologies and passionately advocate for developers' needs.
Learn more about our Developer Relations roles