If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Chisco transport Ltd was established in 1978 by Chief Dr. Chidi Anyaegbu (MFR). We evolve from a micro auto parts retailer into a leading transporter and brand diversified to deliver excellence in end to end passenger transportation/integrated logistics. Transportation/integrated is all that we do, so we strive to do it right. It is this commitment that kept us at the fore front of the industry in Nigeria, and establish us as one of the best in sub Saharan Africa with employment of over 4, 000 Nigerians and non Nigerians alike. With over 6000 daily passenger traffic and about 500 fleet capacity with daily coverage of over 58, 000 kilometres in mileage, we are visible in all the 36 states of Nigeria and the west coast of Africa (Togo, Accra, Ghana etc).
Our reputation is built on cutting-edge customer focused solutions that exceeds customersâ€™ expectations through quality management systems, people, technology, infrastructure, partnerships/alliances and benchmarking of best practices. Today our teeming clients consider us a reputable Brand that understands the needs of its clients and ensure satisfactory world-class service delivery.
Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of the Workshop Section, controlling the quality of repairs, annual PMS, implementation of HSEQ standards, and performance appraisal of subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a group of at least 50 mechanics and technicians within workshop and other sites.
- Performs trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on vehicles and trucks.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and delegate specific tasks to concerned section/mechanic.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities, especially technical issues.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment.
- Supervise and follow up on actual progress of each individual repair job.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers.
- Follow up repair order, registering the time taken to complete each task.
- Responsible for customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the Workshop.
- Evaluate the training requirements of his subordinates and discuss/agree training needs with the division HoD.
- Complete and issue the Pre-Dispatch Note
- Attend the Weekly Departmental Meeting.
- Responsible for the implementation of HSEQ standard within the workshop area.
- Test and approve operators for trucks and passengers buses
- Responsible for the maintenance and conditioning of the workshop
- Conduct final check/test driving for all vehicles/trucks prior to release.
- Assists with the Interviewing and conducts hands-on testing of technical applicants.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of all direct subordinates.
- Signs and approves employee timesheets.
- Support and fully comply with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Conduct any other task given to him by his HOD.
- Work Experience: The applicant is to have a minimum of 10 year’s experience leading a multicultural workshop team, preferably operating in Nigeria.
- Education: Professional technical qualifications in the vehicle and equipment domain.
- Licenses/Certificates: Licensed Mechanic or equivalent, with a full range of licenses to operate equipment.
- Well-honed leadership and management skills; with an ability to motivate others.
- Hands on ‘real-world’ mechanical experience and knowledge.
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Management, etc).
- Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and written.
- Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience.
- Innovative, inventive and analytical, able to pre-empt and resolve problems with ease.
- Agile, responsive and good under pressure.
- Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion.
- Heightened cultural awareness – able to relate and build relationships with all.
- Background in HSEQ
- Physically robust, able to operate in an austere environment.
- Open minded to change, new ways of thinking and constructive criticism.
- Inclusive by nature, able to build rapport and command respect.
- A team orientated individual who is consistent in nature, with a good sense of humour.
- A solution focused individual who has the ability to get the job done regardless of impediment.
Method of Application
All qualified and interested candidates should send their applications within one week of this publication to firstname.lastname@example.org