Jobs in a Leading Company in the Petroleum Upstream Sector
Posted on: 20 October, 2015
Deadline: 3 November, 2015
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
We are a leading Company in the "Petroleum Upstream Sector, with a Portfolio of Assets in Nigeria and in other African Countries. We produce and export Crude Oil and our Fields have impressive quantities of Gas.
We are seeking to recruit highly competent, talented and self-motivated' individuals to fill the following positions. Attractive and internationally competitive remuneration packages, a pleasant working environment with good perquisites and challenging prospects await the successful candidates.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or any other relevant Engineering field (But equivalent qualifications and relevant experience can override this).
- Relevant post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of Well Designs, Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and Practices.
- Conversant with use of all Drilling Engineering Software within Engineers Desktop (EDT), including Compass, Well Plan, Stress Check and Casing Seat.
- Ability to handle the pressures of working in a dynamic and result oriented environnment,
- Strong leadership, people management and communication skills.
- Stakeholder Management skills.
- Minimum of 15 years in the Oil and Gas Industry, mainly in Drilling, Well Site Completion and Testing Operations, with a minimum of 5 years as a Senior Operations Drilling Engineer.
- Proven track record handling Well Design, Wellbore Construction, Drilling Rigs and Fluids, and Well Control, with a good understanding of Geology.
- Demonstrable understanding of all financial aspects of Drilling Operations, including budgeting, cost forecasting and estimation of service Company Contract values.
- Handling critical assignments with tangible success.
Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Carrying out Well Design, which includes casing design and selection, drill fluids and well control, using the appropriate well engineering design software.
- Preparing the drilling and completion programs. and obtaining approvals from relevant Authorities.
- Monitoring the progress of drilling and completion operations, and reporting critical issues to Management.
- Implementing change control procedures to ensure that changes to procedures, either planned or unplanned, have the necessary level of Technical Authority approval.
- Conducting a periodic review of Well Engineering PoHdes and Standards.
- Procedures and Guidelines, in line with International Standards.
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the corresponding reference number as the subject and e-mail your Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document) with contact telephone numbers. current work location. e-mail address and scanned passport-size photograph to us at: email@example.com
- Applications and CVs should be sent within two weeks from the date of this publication.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at AOS Orwell
- Latest Vacancies at AOS Orwell
- Head of Operations at Puma Energy
- Contracts Administrator/Tender Analyst at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- IT Manager at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at Brunel Energy Nigeria
- Maventeq Systems Limited Recruiting For Inspection Engineers
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)