Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
• Be part of Africa Operations Alliances and Channels Team
• Manage Oracle Channel Partners in Nigeria
• Reports to Africa Operations Channel Director
• Location: Nigeria.
• Countries covered: Nigeria
• Manage and grow Oracle Channel network by researching, recruiting and managing business partners to resell Oracle products and/or provide related services
• Manage Partners relationship to maximize revenue and to insure partners commitment and loyalty
• Manage C Level Relationship with Partners’ Executives
• Initiate and update complete partners mapping, liaising with field sales, assigning market segments and industries to business partners
• Initiate and lead partners’ Oracle knowledge, competencies and sales readiness training events with Partner Enablement Team
• Act as a resource for partners and sales reps on indirect pricing, business practices, contractual questions
• Work with Channel marketing to plan marketing events with, through and to partners. Promote and execute corporate channel programs
• Initiate and lead joint Oracle and partners' sales teams' sector and account planning
• Develop Oracle business in certain targeted industries and verticals through partners, Liaising with field sales and Internet sales (OD) as a project leader.
• Work with Partners to design and drive Go To Market strategies
• Assist field sales and management in line with indirect sales strategy and advise partners and direct sales reps on pricing practice, procedures and expectations
• Lead dispute resolution. Recommend and take actions to avoid disputes
• Deliver a weekly forecast for an assigned set of partners
• Initiate and implement Oracle products and solutions’ business plans and initiatives targeting market segments and or specific industries through Partners
• Achieve Indirect Sales Revenue Target and assigned Objectives
• University Degree, an MBA degree is a plus
• Experience of working as a Channel Manager is essential
• Fluency in English is a must
• Proven IT Sales, Business Development and/or Channel Management experience (5-10 years)
• Strong commercial skills
• High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm
• Self-motivated to continuously expand personal professional knowledge.
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast moving and challenging environment.
• Professional with good organizational and planning skills.
• Good Communication, influencing and negotiating skills
• Good Knowledge of Oracle’s Technology and applications products/solutions
• Team player
• Ability to build and manage C-Level business relationships
• High-Level Presentation Skills
• Sales forecasting
• Results Orientation and Decision Making
• Planning & Organizing
• Leading Change, Strategic Thinking
• Willingness to travel
• Working on deals from opportunity to closure
• Working with an international organization
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Develops third party sales channel and ensures partner achieve Oracle sales targets in the General Business space.
As a Channel Sales Representative you will pull partners into Oracle business opportunities and manage third party transactions resulting from the relationship. Identify and develop channel partners committed to selling Oracle products. Facilitate joint selling between channel partners and direct sales team. Increase revenue from partner sources and market share through a leverage partnering model. Identify and develop joint "go-to-market" strategies and lead generation opportunities. Provides accurate and timely management information and revenue forecasts. May educate partners in Oracle commercial practices. Maintains an understanding of Oracle technology and articulates Oracle propositions to partners and their customers. Manage transaction contracts, business practices, and deal booking issues. Work with marketing to plan marketing events for partners.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years field sales experience within the high technology industry. Previous marketing experience desired. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Negotiating skills and ability to influence. Knowledge of Oracle field sales cycle and partner program. Ability to travel as needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
To apply for this position, visit our career website on Taleo