Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds & London we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Medical, and Finance, Insurance, FMCG and Manufacturing sectors.
Country Manager Salary: $120k (net) + housing + education allowance Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Mackenzie Stuart is working with a leading global provider of Freight Forwarding and Supply Chain Solutions They provide multi-modal logistics solutions and supply chain optimisation solutions worldwide. The client is looking to make moves in Nigeria and across West Africa as a whole – with the Oil & Gas, Hi-Tech and Mining verticals as a key focus
Due to plans for expansion, the business requires an experienced General Manager candidate with a background in the Oil & Gas, Hi-Tech and Mining verticals. Targeting leading clients within select industry verticals – and by optimising internal operations – you will utilise your high level relationships to help set the structures in place to secure sales growth and to align the business with the strategic intents outlined. This is a role that combines both significant ‘hunting’ and skilled team leadership. Any applicant will be required to provide evidence of business development skills and experience in leading teams where there has been a challenging conflict between local and expatriate staff. Obviously the position is based in a very challenging environment and so any experience in areas such as this would be preferred.
The business is seeking someone with a background in Country Management and Business Development – Air & Ocean Freight & Customs Clearance to control the function across Nigeria The company requires experience of the West African market as an essential pre-requisite for the role As the candidate will be tasked with leading the function country-wide, any experience at this level will make any candidate stand out from others of a similar background. Evidence of ‘hunting’ and achieving key contracts is a must. ‘Expat versus local relationship’ – guidance skills required. Applicants MUST speak BOTH English AND have previous experience in the Freight Forwarding industry (individuals without these pre-requisites will NOT be considered) Degree level educational qualifications will assist any worthy candidate. Due to the large number of applications if you have not heard anything within 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Mackenzie Stuart Executive Search & Selection is working in close partnership with a leading Surface equipment manufacturing company. The organisation is a leading manufacturer and oilfield service supplier with a renowned international presence. Due to expansion, the organisation is seeking to recruit a Sales Manager – Nigeria – Surface Wellhead - based in Lagos, Nigeria – to manage sales and commercial interests in-country. This is a key strategic position and the candidate must match the exacting requirements for the position.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
• You must be eligible to work in Nigeria. Expat candidates are unable to be considered.
• Educated with an Engineering or business degree discipline
• 8 years Oil & Gas industry experience with strong background in Surface products
• 5+ years sales experience in Surface & Frac products in the Africa market
• Strong customer network with international and national oil companies
• Be a commercially and business minded individual who can manage the company interests in the West Africa market place
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Manage sales, commercial and business interests in Nigeria and wider West Africa
• Manage Surface Wellhead sales and marketing activities in Nigeria
• Work with local and international oil companies pursuing new project and framework agreements
• Pursue new market penetration in West Africa markets
• Work with senior management in Africa & Middle East to develop long term commercial strategies
• Work independently and remotely across Africa reporting back in to management in Houston & Dubai.
This is a management position and the successful candidate can expect to benefit from working within a dynamic and growing company enjoying accelerated career progression within the organisation. In return you will receive a basic salary commensurate with experience + additional benefits.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.