Vacancy at Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 3 September, 2015
Deadline: 16 September, 2015
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting, a well known consulting practice with first class strategic alliances. We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of:
Job Summary & Purpose
This role is responsible for:
- Evaluating financial reports, such as income statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets, and determining how a company’s finances will impact business operations
- Facilitating decision making by presenting data analysis and interpretation in clear, compelling ways
- Ensure financial policies/procedures of the company are implemented efficiently and in line with best practices.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and also conformance to reporting procedural standards
- Carry out overall business analysis based on company figures
- Compute taxes, prepare tax returns and ensure compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and additionally obligations, to project future revenues expenses or to provide advice
- Provide comparative analysis of current business growth using available figures vis-a-vis company strategic plans
- Manage the financial systems across the company and ensuring an open and effective link between accounts, payable, receivables, capital expenditure among others to provide accurate financial statements and reflect the company’s true position financially.
- Responsible for statutory reporting, treasury management (working capital management and investment analysis) and financial review of growth opportunities.
- Develop, maintain, and also analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs - variance analysis
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs as well as to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business financial problems
- Advise management about issues like resource utilization, tax strategies, and also the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Provide internal auditing services for the business and liaising with external auditors to ensure efficient and effective audit is process carried out.
- Provide advice in areas like compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax plans
- Represent the company before tax authorities and provide support on all financial issues
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all statutory bodies and ensure the company’s compliance with stated regulations.
- Appraise, evaluate, and also inventory all company assets
- Any other duty as assigned
Key Performance Indicators:
- Average budget variance analysis (budget vs actual)
- Financial analysis report preparation
- Average cost of capital (as a percentage of revenue)
- Net cash flow monitoring
- Observe and monitor external audits
- Corporate credit rating with banks
- Turnaround time on budget preparation, presentation and approval
- Accuracy/timeliness of cash forecasts and funding
- Percentage error rate in record management
- Detected breached in internal controls
- Person Specifications Academic
Qualification Professional Qualification Experience
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Masters degree is an advantage ACCA, CIMA or any relevant qualification
- Minimum of 8 years experience in finance/accounts
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Sound knowledge in financial analysis and execution
- Experience in financial management and corporate finance, financial analysis and interpretation, management and cost accounting, tax management as well as finance and investment management principles
- Must be computer proficient with experience in using at least one accounting software
- Excellent understanding of general accounting principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Discretion & confidentiality
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- SAP Project Lead/ SAP Senior Functional Consultants at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Senior Marketing Managers at Fosad Consulting Ltd
- Relationship Managers at Loyalty Solutions Limited
- Legal Vacancies at WFO Roedl & Partner
- Jobs at Human Resource Specialists Limited
- Editors at Fadac Resources
- Security Support Officers at a Leading Bank - Rovedana Consulting