CIVIL SOCIETY FOR THE ERADICATION OF TUBERCULOSIS IN NIGERIA (TBNETWORK) is one of the Sub-recipients (SRs) to ARFH for the Round 9 Phase 2 HIV Grant for Community System Strengthening (CSS). TBNETWORK seeks the services of experienced and committed individuals in the disease components of HIV/AIDS and TB to work in select states as State Program Officers (SPO), Coordinating activities of project implementers, under the New Funding Model (NFM) of the Global Fund Grant.
The NFM segment of the Community Systems Strengthening grant of the Global Fund to fight TB/HIV in Nigeria is under the oversight of Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), which is hereafter referred to as the Principal Recipient (PR) of the Grant.
About the Job
The Program Officers will principally be responsible for, and focus on, providing technical and professional assistance and support to Community-Based Organization (CBOs) in the communities, provide effective program management and administration, as well as the monitoring and reporting on the activities of these organizations from the above mentioned states where they will be resident and working.
The Initial contract is for four months only with a possibility of extending for three more years.
• The Program Officers would be responsible for providing sound and updated information relating to current and emerging issues in TB/ HIV/AIDS
• Developing innovative strategies to strengthen the effectiveness and quality of service provision in areas of assigned responsibility
• Proactively and efficiently managing the implementation of project(s) activities in the states
• Participating in development, management and review of program activities in states of responsibility
Monitoring and evaluating progress of initiatives in areas of responsibility. This will involve undertaking periodic visits to program sites.
• Achieving and maintaining an effective and efficient level of communication with other Partner Organizations in the states
• Performing any other duties as required by the Network consistent with the achievement of program objectives as they work in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
• Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in a health-related discipline, or the social sciences with 2 - 3 years post-qualification experience in similar organization. Applicants with working experience in these disease areas are encouraged to apply.
• Good communication and community mobilization skills
• Ready to and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and exercise of sound judgment and flexibility to achieve agreed outcomes
• Well developed writing and analytical skills and an ability to express ideas dearly and concisely
• Effective presentation and interpersonal communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relations
• Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a team, including supporting others and managing priorities
Must be resident in the state of operation and have ability to communicate fluently in English and local language in the state of operation.
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Officer and direct supervision by State Program Officers (SPOs), Civil Society for the Eradication of Tuberculosis in Nigeria (TB NETWORK) also requires the services of state Drivers in the above states to operate and maintain project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the CSS Project. The drivers will be attached to the SPOs in the states of implementation.
1-2 years driving experience
Candidates interested in working as State Program Officers (SPOs) and Divers in the states mentioned above should send their applications and CVs to: as presented above
The National Coordinator,
Civil Society for the Eradication of Tuberculosis in Nigeria (TBNETWORK)
3rd Floor, No 22, Koforidua Street (Near UBA)
Off Olusegun Obasanjo/Michael Okpara Road, Zone 2, Wuse, Abuja
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All Applicants should title their applications according to the desired state and their names, e.g. State Program Officer: KANO Kabir Taiwo Chukwuma. This should also be the subject of the email application.
Application letters and CVs should be appropriately named and attached to the emails. All applications must be received on or before end of day 9th of September 2015
All applications must be sent via e-mail as shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.