Marie Stopes International (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MSION goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of family planning and other reproductive health services. With funding from USAID, Marie Stopes International in Nigeria (MSION) aims to assist the GoN in achieving its family planning objectives by , with capacity development to facilitate the provision of a range of affordable, high quality, comprehensive family planning services in the public healthcare sector through the USAID funded Family Health plus project(FH+) that aims to strengthen the overall health system, build provider capacity to deliver quality services, and empower users to demand quality FP and improve their access to long-acting family planning in 20 States in Nigeria.
With this term of reference, Marie Stopes International Organisational Nigeria (MSION) requests two consultants.
The consultants should have professional background in ****Gynaecology/Obstetrics.****In addition to their professional background, both consultants should have the following experience:
- Proven experience in providing similar consultancy services;
- Strong and excellent facilitation skills
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the relevant field.
The training consultants will work in close collaboration with MSI Consultants to provide the training together as well as to ensure quality standards are followed as per FMoH/MSN protocol.
- Participate and co-facilitate a 5 days PPIUD training(Theory and Humanistic model and practicum
- Sensitized all consultants within the Obs and Gyno department on the planned PPIUD and expectations in terms of clients
- Pre-book and sensitize ANC clients in the 4 units within the department refer same for PPIUD service
- Adapt training module in accordance with National/ MSI PPIUD FP training module and protocol (MSI Consultant provide MSI PPIUD module)
- Liaise with the MSI Consultant & MSN clinical trainers to assess the qualification and experience of invited trainees and proactively adapt training materials to effectively meet their individual and collective needs.
- Ensure that participants understand contraindications, indications and side-effects of the PPIUD as a method of family planning.
- Implement supportive supervision to providers shortly after training and schedule frequent monitoring of services.
- Provide referrals/linkage for women to the health facility for antenatal counseling, and especially or reaffirming an ANC choice when the woman is in labor, as well as pre-discharge
- Co -supervise the participants at all times while they perform PPIUCD insertions.
- Evaluate the performance of each participant using the appropriate PPIUCD Clinical Skills checklist
- Monitor the procedure of insertions on clients and ensure each trainee conducts at least 5 PPIUD insertion before certification
- Serve as a point for referral in case of any complication or emergencies.
****The output for this assignment includes the following****
- List of providers trained
- List of providers certified with number of insertions performed
- Pre and post test analysis report
- Comprehensive technical report (hard and e-copy) of the training processes(including lessons learnt, issues/observations, next steps
Duration of the assignment
- 1 day preparation for the training
- 1day review meeting and updates with MSION SFT and MSI consultants
- 5 days didactic and practical training sessions
- 1 day Report writing
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday 31st August 2015. MSION is an equal opportunities employer.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE / LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.