Civil / Structural Engineer at Box and Cedar
Posted on: 16 August, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Box and Cedar
Box and Cedar is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Location: Lagos, NIGERIA
- Head of Structural and Civil Engineering Construction and Design Department.
- Management and supervision or performance of planning, designing, constructing and/or maintaining structures and facilities.
- Investigates, measures, surveys and map the earth’s physical features and phenomena;
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering, mechanical and electrical techniques, procedures and criteria to assigned aspects of storm drain, sanitary sewer, water system and/or lake-level construction and alteration plans.
- Assist in the planning, designing, monitoring and/or managing of projects and programs for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects.
- Assist in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities.
- Utilize program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and other management tools to accomplish programming, determine resources and perform long-range planning.
- Preparation of structural design drawings, and review such drawings prepared by other consultants indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts.
- Oversee the preparation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects.
- Use construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors.
- Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering or related field from an accredited college, university or technical school.
- COREN registered and a member of Nigeria Society of Engineers.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years of full-time professional engineering experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The ability to apply general knowledge of the physical sciences and mathematics underlying engineering.
- Specialized knowledge of the mechanics of solids (particularly of soils), hydraulics, theory of structure, strength of materials, engineering geology and surveying
- Prior knowledge of principles and practices of structural and civil engineering.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Box and CedarSimilar Jobs
- Sales and Marketing Executives at TekniTeed Nigeria Limited
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS
- Jobs at Excel Creative Network Limited
- Sales Engineers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited