Civil / Structural Engineer at Box and Cedar
Posted on: 16 August, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Box and Cedar
Box and Cedar is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Location: Lagos, NIGERIA
- Head of Structural and Civil Engineering Construction and Design Department.
- Management and supervision or performance of planning, designing, constructing and/or maintaining structures and facilities.
- Investigates, measures, surveys and map the earth’s physical features and phenomena;
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering, mechanical and electrical techniques, procedures and criteria to assigned aspects of storm drain, sanitary sewer, water system and/or lake-level construction and alteration plans.
- Assist in the planning, designing, monitoring and/or managing of projects and programs for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects.
- Assist in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities.
- Utilize program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and other management tools to accomplish programming, determine resources and perform long-range planning.
- Preparation of structural design drawings, and review such drawings prepared by other consultants indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts.
- Oversee the preparation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects.
- Use construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors.
- Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering or related field from an accredited college, university or technical school.
- COREN registered and a member of Nigeria Society of Engineers.
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years of full-time professional engineering experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The ability to apply general knowledge of the physical sciences and mathematics underlying engineering.
- Specialized knowledge of the mechanics of solids (particularly of soils), hydraulics, theory of structure, strength of materials, engineering geology and surveying
- Prior knowledge of principles and practices of structural and civil engineering.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Box and CedarSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at KSBC Knowledge Resources Limited CONT.
- Job Opportunities at KSBC Knowledge Resources Limited
- Off Grid Mobile Finance Access Advisor at Tetra Tech
- Job Vacancies at Hausba Smarthomes Limited
- General Manager- Administration at Hamilton Lloyd And Associates
- Storekeepers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Executives at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Chief Information Officers at Fircroft Nigeria