If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The FAA will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of technical efforts and/or field activities by providing logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the Nigeria project activities. She or he will assist technical advisors / specialists and senior managers to coordinate project activities and will assist State Finance & Admin Officer for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency. The FAA is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities. She or he will be responsible for working with other staff from the headquarters and/ or partner organizations to coordinate technical assistance.
- Be the face of MSH to the outside, offering excellent customer care to our guests, clients and partners physically or through the electronic media.
- Facilitate effective and efficient communication between MSH Staff, partners and clients.
- Manage the front office/desk and provide general administrative support functions including but not limited to: faxing, copying, binding, drafting memos and letters.
- Handle arrangements and assist in the logistics for meetings, retreats, and workshops to specific projects as will be required.
- Assist with Procurement logistics
- Working closely with FAO to supervise and monitor Cleaners and Security Guards including tracking attendance and performance. Ensure fire extinguishers are periodically renewed
- Operate and monitor Generator; providing necessary information on servicing, repairs, diesel consumption and generator daily usage, etc.
- Follow-up on servicing/maintenance of office equipment & machines in conjunction with the Field Liaison Officer including keeping maintenance logs.
- Ensure back-up for the server and ensure all I.T. Peripherals are working accordingly and reporting issues to I.T. Unit in a timely manner.
Provide following accounting and financial support to FAO:
- Prepare payment vouchers, raising journals, writing cheques, etc. as may be instructed by the Finance and Admin Officer.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks as directed by the FAO
- Maintain accounting and inventory files in an orderly manner.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Post internal requisition, credit memo form and service completion certificate into the QuickBooks.
- Any other tasks as requested by Supervisor, Finance Manager and COMU, Director.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner
go to method of application »
The objective of Grants Officer position is to collaborate with the Finance Manager in order to manage and coordinate MSH Nigeria’s complex grants portfolio lending to a variety of Non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations, and community based organizations in order to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery throughout Nigeria. Grants Officer will work closely with Finance Manager to establish and follow a transparent process, and develop tools to implement the process, assuring that sound grant practices are applied at every stage of the grant process from guidelines to closeout. Grants Officer must be available to travel up to 50% of the time, including the Niger Delta Region.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Staff, Senior Contracts Officer and the Finance Manager, develop RFPs, draft solicitations, conduct and document source selection, negotiate costs and other conditions, prepare awards and modifications, seek required approvals, monitor implementation, and close-out.
- Assist Finance Manager in setting up and administering a grants management system MSH Nigeria
- Help to issue grants to NGOs, FBOs, and CBOs ensuring that all necessary guidelines and regulations are followed
- Help Finance Manager establish a grants application evaluation of grants recipients to guarantee best use of project funds
- As directed by the Finance Manager , manage grants at all phases and ensure compliance with donor and MSH regulations
- Organize and maintain files and databases for grantees.
- Prepare training sessions and conduct workshops in financial management for contractors/grantees as necessary.
- Keep abreast of USAID regulations to assist staff in adhering to the terms of the USAID agreements. Provide on-going training for project staff on regulations
- With the Finance Manager , monitor and support grant recipients’ financial and operations systems ensuring best practices are being implemented in the institutions or organizations
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business management or related fields.
- Relevant working experience with an international non-governmental organization.
- Significant experience in grants management and financial/operational systems strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work with complex financial information.
- Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with multiple donors, international PVOs and local CBOs.
- Ability to determine the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits and other documentation presented in a proposal.
- Substantial experience working with PEPFAR/USAID-supported projects and knowledge of USG regulations and procedures strongly preferred.
- Fluency in the English language is required
- Ability to work well in a collaborative manner, including robust communications capabilities
- Mastered the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks. Past experience with grants management software preferred.
go to method of application »
The key expectations of the M&E Associate’s position is to support the state M&E Specialist in ensuring that MSH’s M&E system within the state is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to MSH supported facilities, Community Based Organizations, the Local and State M&E Teams.
The M&E Associate will be responsible in:
- Supporting the M&E Specialist by guiding the data clerks and facility M&E Officers review patient level information into the appropriate Patient Monitoring and Management (PMM) forms and registers on a routine basis
- Support the data clerks and facility M&E Officers in ensuring that the folder management systems within the facilities are well functional and able to ensure prompt retrieval of patient records
Data Collection & Reporting
- The M&E associate will be responsible for data collection, gathering, collation and validation from the health facilities, CBOs and other supported organizations.
- The M&E associate will support the M&E specialist in ensuring high data quality to meet our funder’s data demands and other national and international expectations.
- The M&E associate will support the M&E specialist in managing the state database and ensuring that their state teams and country office readily have access to data for driving decision making
- The M&E associate will be responsible for data entry into the District Health Information System (DHIS 2.0) for both MSH and the USG DHIS 2.1 instance platform
- Any other Duties assigned by the M & E Specialist
- Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Mathematics, Health or related field;
- 1-2 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in reproductive health,HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria programs in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID AND PEPFAR Indicators are preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.