The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years, AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Python Developer will be responsible for a wide range of technical skills including strong coding experience with Python in a LAMP environment. The individual should must demonstrate an understanding of ERP applications preferably OpenERP/Odoo and should be able to quickly understand the system and start contributing immediately in accordance with the University policy and procedure.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the engineering and support operational needs including fixing problems/bugs that are negatively impacting the ERP application.
- Analyze reported software problems and experiment with new technologies to diagnose them
- Work closely with the rest of the team to deliver scalable and robust features for the ERP application.
- Develop core modules of an ERP application in accordance with user requirements and coding standards
- Compile and update documentation related to tasks.
- Shall test software to determine it functionality before implementation
- Perform any other duty as assigned or delegated by the supervisor.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalence in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of three(3) years post NYSC experience working as a professional software developer preferably in Python but also skilled in PHP or Java
- Experience with Finance and Accounting is an added advantage
- Hands-on experience with databases, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Experience with working on and configuring Linux servers (Ubuntu, Redhat/Debian or their derivatives)
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Understanding and experience with Agile Development
- Ability to work on several projects independently and concurrently
- Good organizational and communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail and result driven
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Team Player
Description of Benefits:
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
- Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity and non-discriminatory employer. For more information on AUN, please visit www.aun.edu.ng
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.