Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
The Company is currently looking to recruit an Enterprise Architect. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply technical and enterprise business knowledge and experience to coordinate the architectural design, development, implementation and support of various information technology (IT) solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies.
· Provide technical architecture reviews, utilize industry best practices and patterns, and help align business capabilities to technical capabilities
· Ensure that the application/systems, data and technology aspects of the enterprise architecture are driven by the business imperatives of the organisation and that the requirements driving the overall architecture are managed consistently and effectively
· Create architectural vision and strategy for new and existing solutions
· Lead enterprise architecture projects & producing architecture deliverables
· Sign off system requirements, identify resources, and estimate timelines for project completion
· Adopt optimal information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities
· Be part of a team of product development professionals in charge of gathering business requirements, defining and planning business architecture/standards for multiple applications that are consistent with overall enterprise application architecture and in alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives.
DESIRED COMPETENCY AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
· Must have understanding of Enterprise Application Integration methods and general architectural principles
· Software development methodologies experience and structured approaches to system development
· Strong business analysis skills , experience, including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modelling
· High level of technical field expertise
· Knowledge of Network topology and software systems
· Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills
· Post NYSC 8+ years related professional work experience
· A bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science or Electronic Engineering/associated technology fields.
The Application Developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the company. The role sits within the Market Operations & Technology (MOT) division and under the Technology Services Department specifically. The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0 and above) that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience. Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable). The job holder needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. The job holder must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. The job holder must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
• Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
• Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET• Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
• Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
• Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
• Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
• Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Mobile and web service development experience
• Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
• Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
• Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
• The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
• Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
• Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
• Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
• Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required
People Management and Development
The post holder will need to show evidence of the following
• The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
• They should display strong collaborative characteristics
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar
• 3+ years of application and web application development experience (using the .Net Framework 3.0 and above)
• Other fields of study are acceptable when combined with strong background or work experience within the financial sector
• 95% on-time delivery of projects/tasks
• 97% uptime on all supported tier-1 applications
• 100% assurance that all code for deployed applications is written to industry standard employing best practice code patterns at all junctions
• 80% automated test code coverage on all production deployed code
• Suggest and assist in proposals, business cases and designs of services aimed improving process automation firm wide
• Implement 100% of projects in line with SDLC principles
• Ensure full user and technical documentation of all systems in production
• Ensure all code that the application developer is responsible for is delivered with complete and detailed documentation
• Ensure security is built into all organizational processes and development work
• Ensure working and up to date disaster recovery versions exist for all production deployed modules
• Display strong collaborative characteristics and work with wider division and company to reach stated divisional and departmental goals.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as the subect if the mail.