Jobs At IITA
Posted on: 7 December, 2010
Deadline: 7 January, 2011
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (UTA) invites applications for the position of a Country Coordinator (Liberia).
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Sustainable Tree Crops Program (STCP). Country Coordinator (Liberia) (Ref:DDG-R4D/STCP/CC/11/10)
The STCP Country Coordinator (CC) will report directly to the STCP Program Manager (PM). The CC will be stationed at the STCP country office which is located at Gbargna. The CC will also liaise with and coordinate STCP activities with the IITACountry Representative who is based in Monrovia.
The CC will be responsible for developing and implementing, in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, a researCh and development program focusing principally on the cocoa sector but will also include other tree and staple crops. To this end the CC will lead a STCP country office management team and will work closely with government, donors, partner organizations and farmer organizations.
- Minimum qualification of a master's degree and will have studied agriculture, natural resource management, forestry or the social sciences. However, other study areas will be considered.
-At least 8 years working experience in a managerial position preferably in the humid tropical zone in Africa and in multicultural environments.
- Experience in a post-conflict environment would be advantageous.
- The position demands strong leadership but the candidate must also be a team player.
He/She therefore will need to demonstrate experience in leadership and/or management positions and possess excellent communication skills.
- Experience in staff training and mentoring would be advantageous.
- Networking, ability to interact with government agencies, NGOs, and private sector at senior country levels are essential requirements.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary organization would be advantageous.
-The position demands good oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Initial appointment is for two years. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package paid in US Dollars. This is a regional position and is open to nationals and residents of Cameroun, Cote d'ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
Method Of Application:
Applications including curriculum vitae, names and
addresses of three referees should be addressed to the Human Resources
Manager. Please complete our online application form using this link:
January 7, 2011
UTA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes
applications from women candidates. For more information on IITA,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Real Estate, Telecommunication, and Oil & Gas Professionals at a Leading Multinational Company
- Accounts Clerks at Heirs Holdings Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Group Of Companies
- Job Openings at a Foremost Business Membership Organisation
- Job Vacancies at an Expanding Group of Companies
- MYJOBMAG MUST READ SERIES: GET THE JOB - USE OF ENGLISH