AUN is seeking for an Assistant Professor of Computer Science.
Title: Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Department: School of Information Technology and Computing
Summary of position:
The Assistant Professor of Computer Science will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean.S/he contributes to preparing students to be applied and practical, critical thinkers and problem solvers. S/He shall work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structure that would translate to effective teaching and learning of the subject matter in accordance with stipulated policies and procedures.
General responsibilities include:
- Teaching: The primary responsibility of a faculty member is for teaching and for supporting student learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Class Attendance: Faculty members should make clear that students are expected to attend class and complete required assignments.
- Academic Advising: Available to assist students throughout the semester.
- Department/Schools Meetings: Attending meetings on a regular basis and as necessary to facilitate communication and to accomplish the work required for the smooth operation of the department and school.
- Attendance at Academic Functions: Full-time faculty members are expected to attend meetings of the faculty and any all-college meetings called by AUN administration.
- Research: Faculty members are to engage in research activities that will promote self-development and the University
- Community Service: Faculty are to contribute to AUN community service and development activities
Requirements for the position:
- Must have a terminal degree in Computer Science from a reputable University
- Must have a minimum of five years of teaching & research experience garnered at a reputable University
- Must be proficient in use of ICT tools and e-resources for teaching and research
- Must possess verifiable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Applicants are expected to have the appropriate academic credentials, as well as successful post-secondary teaching experience.
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world is a plus.
- A strong commitment to development
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world.
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.