If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited is a subsidiary of FINCA International, a global market leader in microfinance with over 30 years’ experience, operating in 23 countries across Africa, Latin America, Eurasia and the Greater Middle East and South Asia, serving over 1,800,000 clients.
FINCA is recruiting for motivated and hands-on Database Administrator who thrives in dynamic environments to be part of the pioneer team for FINCA’s regulated microfinance bank start-up in Owerri, Nigeria. The Database Administrator is responsible for database administration and general support for the core banking system and related interfaces (particularly those which support technology-driven financial transactions) as well as general system support.
- Act as first line support for all database- and application-related matters including management of application parameters and maintenances
- Monitor performance of databases and applications and ensure achievement of set objectives against performance standards.
- Document and maintain all operational procedures and standards related to databases and application
- Identify, log, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve database, applications or systems issues
- Implement security standards for all databases and applications (access controls, segregation of duties, usage and exception monitoring)
- Ensure successful start-of-day (SOD) and end-of-day (EOD) processing
- Ensure that business processes are well-supported by database and application designs, optimizing or introducing new solutions or application fixes as required. Includes:
- Identification of needs and definition of requirements.
- Project management, business case development, and analysis in the design stage of system implementations.
- Defining and documenting end-to-end user acceptance test case scenarios
- Ensuring all application modifications are in line with change management processes
- At least 2 years in an Information Technology/Information Systems position with a reputable financial services organisation or related institution.
- At least 2 years of experience with FLEXCUBE retail database administration
- At least 2 years of experience in applications support, ideally with applications related to financial services
- First Degree or HND in computer science or related field preferred
- Oracle database certification highly desirable
- Microsoft or related professional certification is an added advantage
- MSCA SQL certification an added advantage
- Willingness to relocate self to Owerri, Nigeria
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture & committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision;
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, create effective systems and meet tangible business goals from an unstructured, dynamic and empowering environment;
- Proven integrity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Strong technical orientation;
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimise them.
- Understands the scope of own authority and knows when to highlight issues and seek authorisation or advice.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.