Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nigeria with that of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major financial service provider engaged in personal banking, business banking, credit cards, corporate banking, non-interest banking and wealth and investment banking in Nigeria.
• Investigations into allegations of financial crime and irregularities within Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria with specific focus on Card, E-crimes and merchant investigations as directed by the FCC Head in Country. Complete investigations in accordance with the Financial Crime Control (FCC) standards and methodologies aligned to adding value to the Stanbic IBTC Bank business in Nigeria, in order to prevent and recover losses; securing criminal prosecution and civil action. Ensure that all administration and MIS is accurately updated as well as managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders effectively.
Manage, lead, provide guidance, facilitate and pursue fraud that is committed against SIBTC Bank and its Customers.
• Manage, lead, collect and analyse relevant information, identify modus operandi of incidents.
• Provide guidance, probe problem areas by following linkages between suspicious cases and entities.
• Direct through process of elimination, identify irregularities and involved parties e.g. syndicates.
• Provide guidance and network within the various areas within the Bank and externally to resolve fraud issues.
• Ensuring compliance to defined processes, e.g. formulating case files, investigation reports, affidavits.
• Direct investigations in determining the Bank’s exposure and to actively recover losses.
• Proactively determine high risk Business Units and potential internal fraud and operational risks
• Proactively assist to facilitate the early detection of fraud leveraging off hotlines and tip-offs.
• Execute the Fraud Strategy through investigations, which will be aligned to Business Goals and priorities
• Provide input and assist in the design and formulation of Banking Industry approaches at industry level e.g. Banking Forums
• Network with Law enforcement agencies, audit, OPS risk, legal and commercial organisations combating financial crime
• On each confirmed internal financial crime matter establish trends, identify modus operandi and provide remedial recommendations,
• Do fraud prevention training to all internal/external stakeholders (Staff & merchants) and actioning early detection reports in order to minimise losses and the risk exposure to the organisation as well as representing the Bank at Interbank and Public Fora
Risk and Loss Management
• Accountable for ensuring the recovery of losses through all available legal remedies and mandates from Visa and Master Card.
• Highlight control deficiencies in the Card Issuing and Acquiring business to the Business stakeholders.
• Assess and pursue recovery prospects.
• Minimise reputational risk by interfacing with relevant parties.
• Take overall ownership and accountability for allocated investigations from the point of allocation until their “formal” conclusion as per the defined processes.
• Apply knowledge and experience to identify fraud, risk and highlight to management.
Process and Case Management.
Key performance measure
• To successfully investigate matters of financial crime with specific focus on Card and Merchant fraud, electronic crimes, cybercrime and gather intelligence and convert it into actionable recoveries and prosecutions.
• Attainment of target in respect of investigations completed, recovery/savings
• Analysis of statistics (cases reported vs. cases worked, vs. confirmed fraud vs. criminal prosecutions vs. convictions and recoveries, staff suspended vs. staff dismissals vs. criminal / civil prosecutions vs. convictions and recoveries
• People management as and when required as directed by the Head FCC.
• Reduction of financial crime losses, with specific focus on Card losses and e.-crimes.
• Adopt a pro-active approach to financial crime control
• Identification of control weaknesses giving rise to fraud and recommending effective control measures to mitigate risk
• Fraud prevention & awareness training to all internal/external stakeholders and actioning early detection reports in order to minimise losses and the risk exposure to the Bank as well as representing the Bank at Interbank and Public For a.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.