Finance Vacancy at Red Media
Posted on: 1 July, 2015
Deadline: 8 July, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at RED Media
Red Media Africa (RED) is Africa’s leading omni-media company with a focus on youth. It holds a network of premium media companies built across media tools and platforms.
Red Media Africa (brands including YNaija.com, The Future Awards Africa, amongst others)
We are recruiting to fill the position of Senior Manager, Finance
- Will be working in a dynamic and fast growing media company populated by under-35s who are highly talented and passionate.
- The company is 70-man strong and growing and is broken down into 3 distinct businesses dealing with all aspects of media - TV, radio, print online, advertising etc at same time.
- The Senior Manager, Finance will manage finance process and implementation for the business on behalf of the CEO.
- Provide advice on financial matters, make recommendations on ways to best utilize financial resources.
- Also prepare management accounting information and provide high-quality support service to the Business.
- Produce financial reports for the management team.
- Write and format accounting reports, in order to improve accuracy of information produced and overall departmental performance.
- Conduct in-depth review of our Business's financial circumstances, current provision and future objectives.
- Prepare month end accruals and prepayment journals.
- Produce monthly management accounts, ensure accounts reconcile to nominal ledger.
- Produce balance sheet and cash flow statements as required.
- Analyse variance and explore potential problems with line managers. Make appropriate recommendations and advise of the impact.
- Ensure all budget holders understand the financial information they are sent every month and to answer questions they may have.
- Assist budget holders with preparation of budget templates.
- Highly experienced and able to bring structure, process, and highly developed systems into a creative and largely unstructured environment.
- Preferably someone with experience in such environments already.
- Have flair! You actively promote creativity, innovation, flexibility and rapid growth across all sections of the business.
- The capacity to grow and nurture superstars ensuring discipline while at the same time maintaining our culture of joy.
- A person with a depth of understanding on how to manage and optimize talent and people, and grow them rapidly and sustainability.
Pension Scheme I Mandatory annual leave I Annual retreats I Employee bonus programme I Flexible hours for mothers I Health insurance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, with position of interest as the subject of mail and a 250-word piece on 'Why we should hire you' to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about RED MediaSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at MediaVision Limited
- Career Opportunities at TVC Communications
- Content Writers at MadivasMag
- Media Sales Manager at HS Media Group
- Career Opportunities at The BBC World Service
- Graduate IT Support Staff (Software Skills) at DM Holdings Limited
- Job Opportunities at Business Day Newspaper
- Shoot Edit, BBC Africa at the BBC World Service