Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
- This position manages and grows revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives
- Develops and maintains client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth
- Develops and executes account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions
- Manages, retains and grows revenue, responsible for sales and the customer relationship
- Cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts
- Focuses on customer's satisfaction, knows the customer's business and workflows, develops proper contact network within accounts
- Supports execution of strategy at the account level
- Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Acts as point of contact for the client, provides escalation path to and from Service, attends to customer issues promptly
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities
- May provide customer product training as necessary
- Accountable for individual expense budget management
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Owns account relationship and drives overall revenue growth and customer satisfaction for accounts under management
- Responsible for net sales, debt management and revenue for accounts under management
- This is an individual contributor role and does not have people management responsibilities
- Works under general supervision of manager
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong understanding of customers needs, business models and workflows
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency
- Problem solving; ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Presentation and communication skills; ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization
- Ability to collaborate across teams and within a culturally diverse organization
- Very fluent in English and French
- Knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM system with ability to forecast and create a steady pipeline
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Several years of successful sales experience preferably in the Media market, good knowledge of traditional and multimedia markets. Knowledge of financial markets and products is a plus.
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
Job: Sales Family Group
Primary Location: Nigeria-Lagos-Lagos-NGA-Lagos-16 Adeyemi Lawson St
Organization: News Agency
Education Level: None
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here