Jobs at Measure Evaluation
Posted on: 22 February, 2012
Deadline: 6 March, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Measure Evaluation
MEASURE Evaluation Is the USAID Global Health Bureau's primary vehicle for supporting improvements in Monitoring and Evaluation In Population. Health and Nutrition worldwide. We help to identify data needs, collect and analyze technically sound data, and use that data for health decision making. To continue to demonstrate this mandate in Nigeria. MEASURE Evaluation requires technically sound and experienced individuals to occupy the following positions in its Country Office Abuja, Nigeria.
HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEM (HIS) ADVISOR
The main duties for this position include field-based health information system (HIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) technical assistance, capacity building, and knowledge management to the Government of Nigeria Ministries, Departments and Agencies and other stakeholders responsible for Health Information Systems/Monitoring and Evaluation of health interventions especially HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and malaria.
The HIS Advisor wilt work closely with USAlD/Nigeria, in-country implementing partners, other donors including UNAIDS. the World Bank and the GFATM. and national counterparts in the GON. the Ministry of Health, and in-country NGOs working on M&E activities. The HIS Advisor will work in team with Nigeria and US-based MEASURE Evaluation staff to implement the MEASURE Evaluation scope of work in Nigeria. The HIS Advisor will be supervised by the Senior Resident Advisor/Country Lead.
The HIS Advisor will:
· Provide technical assistance to partners in data collection, entry. analysis and reporting among multiple partners. This includes support to improve reporting. data quality, and information use.
· Support and provide TA to GoN agencies (DHPRS, NACA. NASCP, NPHCDA. etc.) toward The implementation of the USG-supported action plan for strengthening NHMIS and NNRIMS and the deployment of the software (e.g. DHIS) used at different levels for the management of health information within the country.
· Provide training in health information data collection, management, dissemination and use al the national and sub-national levels In order to build the capacity of those doing data work.
· Work and support the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics of FMOH in developing multi-year and multi-departmental HISIM&E costed work-plan that integrates key stakeholders activities aimed at strengthening NHMIS.
· Work and support DHPRS in collaboration with the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA). National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and TB Control Program to integrate HIV/AIDS, Malaria and TB M&E sub-system into the national health information system. This will include the harmonization of Core indicators that would inform policy and programmatic decisions; Provide technical assistance to the Federal Ministry of Health particularly the Department of Planning. Research and Statistics and other stakeholders in the data inventory and documentation initiative to facilitate access to surveys, researches and surveillance data
· Document best practices emanating from the implementation of NHMIS and sub-systems such as NNRIMS as well as other Program-level Information Systems and consistent with MEASURE Evaluation's Nigeria work plan as well as the key results to the relevant stakeholders through appropriate mechanism such as conferences. publications etc ..
· Advise and support counterpart agencies such as NACA and FMoH to design and implement public health surveys and special studies to complement routinely collected information for measuring program intervention outcomes/impacts;
· Perform other assigned functions relevant to MEASURE Evaluation work in Nigeria based on the emerging needs either from USAID or government agencies.
· Advance degree (MPH. MA. M.Sc., other) in public health or related fields.
· Familiarity with the Nigerian Health Management Information System (NHMIS) and its sub-systems such as NNRIMS;
· The candidate should demonstrate good understanding of the design. implementation, roll-out and capacity building process with respect database and software for managing NHMIS particularly DHIS. At least 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of public. health programs and intervention such as HIV/AIDS. malaria, tuberculosis. family planning/reproductive, maternal and child health or infectious disease control programs are also desirable.
· Experience in quantitative and Qualitative research activities in terms of planning, implementation and data analysis:
· Interest and experience in the development of capacity strengthening, including Training programs. for developing country professionals:
· Demonstrated experience in delivering presentations and/or facilitation of workshops or meetings and/or training others in elements of Health Information Systems and Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts. USAID. consultants, other donors and international organizations.
· Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision; Excellent writing and communications skills in English
· Computer Literacy with experience in word processing. spreadsheet and statistical analysis software (database and graphics desirable) such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or EPI-Info, open source GIS desirable.
STATE M&E COORDINATOR
Based in MEASURE Evaluation's Country Office Abuja, the State M&E Coordinator will provide project assistance to MEASURE Evaluation in Nigeria in support of its work, Monitoring and Evaluation of health programs at the state level. The M&E Coordinator will work in team with other MEASURE Evaluation staff in Nigeria and US-based MEASURE Evaluation staff to implement the MEASURE Evaluation scope of work in Nigeria. The M&E Coordinator will backstop the State M&E Technical Advisors based in Lagos. Anambra and Kano States and facilitate communication among the three states, lhe Resident Advisors based in Abuja and other MEASURE Evaluation staff based in the U.S. The State M&E Coordinator will be supervised by the Senior Resident Advisor.
Responsible for the overall coordination and supervision of MEASURE Evaluation activities in Kano, Lagos and Anambra States, Liaise closely With State M&E Technical Advisors (SMETA) and assist to coordinate M&E approaches. particularly for HIV/AIDS. OVC, health system strengthening and with the Nigerian government. U.S. Government Agencies such as USAID, CDC, and 000, U.S. cooperating agencies (CAs), UNAIDS, the World Bank, DFID, and other stakeholders;
Work with State level agencies (SACA, SMoH and others sectors) collaboratively with the State M&E Technical Advisors to assess their M&E needs and develop appropriate interventions
Coordinate with SMETAs and Resident Advisors the preparation of MEASURE Evaluation's Country Operational Plans (COPs): annual work plans, budgets and progress annual reports, identify the need for US-based technical assistance
Provide administrative and managerial support to SMETAs in line with JSI and MEASURE Evaluation policies and procedures. Provide technical support and supervise the state level M&E technical advisors to ensure the Implementation of state specific M&E activities consistent With overall MEASURE Evaluation’s strategy and work plan in Nigeria
Assist states to prepare key documents, including results reports. work planning documents, or other relevant documents
Circulate key state and country activity related information or materials to Resident Advisors and country teams on a routine basis. Including results reports. work planning documents, or general project updates relevant to a country context:
Perform other duties commensurate With training and experience evolving from emerging needs in Nigeria and assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
· Advance degree (MPH, M.Sc., MA, other) in public health or related fields.
· At least 5 years work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, especially of HIV/AIDS. Experience in family planning/reproductive, maternal and child health or infectious disease control programs is also desirable:
· Familiarity with the Nigerian HIV/AIDS and health programs and associated Information System M&E Systems:
· Experience ,n the development an/or on-going operation or routine health information systems (RHIS) and/or in the conduct of quantitative research activities in terms of planning, implementation and data analysis:
· Demonstrated ability to link data to program, service delivery. and/or policy-level decision making
· Ability to use advocacy skills to demonstrate outcomes and necessary negotiation skills to initiate action by relevant government agencies.
· Interest and experience in the development of capacity strengthening, including training programs, for developing country professionals;
· Demonstrated experience in delivering presentations and/or facilitation of workshops or meetings and/or training others in elements of monitoring and evaluation.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts, USAID, consultants, other donors and international organizations.
· Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis With minimal supervision; Excellent writing and communications skills in English
· Computer Literacy with experience in word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software (database and graphics desirable).
Based in MEASURE Evaluation Country Office Abuja, the Administrative Assistant will provide project assistance to MEASURE Evaluation in Nigeria in support of its work in Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV/AIDS programs. The Administrative Assistant will work in team with MEASURE Evaluation staff in Nigeria and US-based MEASURE Evaluation staff to implement the MEASURE Evaluation scope of work in Nigeria. The Administrative/Communication Assistant will provide office support, monitor office expenses, pay vendors and maintain financial records. The Assistant will also help with the organization and execution of capacity strengthening trainings for partner institutions and communications. The Administrative/Communication Assistant will be supervised by the Finance and Admin Officer.
The Administrative Assistant will:
Provide direct administrative support to the Resident Country Advisors including maintaining appointment calendar and contact list.
Assist Project Team in organizing meetings, events, trainings, preparing presentations, coordinating per diem and arranging accommodations
Assists the Finance and Admin Officer with financial tasks as needed;
Edit, produce, disseminate and hold in custody the various MEASURE Evaluation/Nigeria information products including a quarterly MEASURE Evaluation/Nigeria newsletter, workshop proceedings; research reports, etc.
Develop or update, and disseminate MEASURE Evaluation/Nigeria communication materials including posters or materials for international conference, etc. (as needed). Document best practices and results of MEASURE Evaluation’s work in Nigeria.
Perform all other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
A University Degree or its equivalent with not less than 2 years work experience in similar field.
Demonstrated ability to track and justify credits and expenses
Experience and knowledge of USAID financial standards
Experience in writing and producing communication documents
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host country counterparts, USAID, consultants other donors and international organizations ‘ Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision
Excellent writing and communications skills in English,
Computer literacy with experience in Word Processing, Presentation, Graphics, Spreadsheet and Database software including QuickBooks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to:
MEASURE Evaluation Positions
90 Nelson Mandela Street
Asokoro -Abuja, Nigeria.
Not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Please copy your resume and cover letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Measure EvaluationSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at CBM International
- Latest Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Logistics Vacancy at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Latest Job Opening at The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Job Vacancy at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opportunity at Abt Associates