Our client is a leading engineering firm in Nigeria. With over 40 years’ experience in providing expert engineering services to her clients in Nigeria and West Africa.
Main Purpose of Position
The IT administrator is responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers and security systems, investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
IT Service Desk
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
• Testing and evaluating new technology;
• Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
Acquisition & Deployment
• Purchase hardware and software following set procedures;
• Obtain hardware and software quotes on behalf of users and other IT team members;
• Advise IT Support Staff of all relevant hardware/software deliveries;
• Recommend any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful ERP deployments, configuration, or maintenance;
• Assist with contracts negotiations with ERP software and service providers as needed;
• Liaise with company’s ERP suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies;
• Evaluate proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
• Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy ERP applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of ERP software programs and applications.
• Ensure that any ERP integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the ERP system; install and configure patches and upgrades as required.
• Prepare and deliver activity and progress reports for presentation to the executive management team.
• Provide direction for the application team in support of ERP operations.
• Coordinate feasibility studies for ERP products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with design specifications, program logic, and data conversions.
Qualification and Experiences
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering and business administration;
• Certifications in ERP systems administration, general systems administration or equivalent work experience;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in similar position;
• Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience; (inclination to IT, Software development and ERP would be an added advantage);
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of ERP software solutions;
• Technically fluent in relational database administration, including MSSQL, Oracle or similar large-scale relational databases;
• Knowledge of enterprise-level applications, including CRM, data warehouses, etc.
Required Competencies, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
• Good project management skills.
• Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Interested and qualified candidates should click this link to apply >> http://goo.gl/forms/N45UMqW4Xf
For further Enquiries
254, Herbert Macaulay Way,