Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
General Function : To engage in the establishment/expansion of Oracle’s hub in Lagos, including providing a full range of in-house legal services to the teams based at the hub, supporting Oracle’s compliance and ethics team in the region, providing training on Oracle’s corporate practices to internal clients and channel partners, and providing company secretarial support for Oracle entities in Africa.
Location: This role will be based in Lagos, supporting Nigeria and Ghana.
1.1. Management Functions
• Responsible for legal function at Lagos hub and provision of legal support to all groups based there.
• Responsibility for legal support in Nigeria, and supporting other members of the team in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ruanda and Tanzania.
• Close liaison with Finance function in relation to the establishment, growth and day to day operation of the Lagos hubs
• Independent handling of major tasks, business and improvement projects
• Continuous interface with local management
• Close liaison with Deal Managment organisation
• Develop and maintain relationships with external lawyers
• Engagement of external lawyers as required
• Implementing and providing training on legal policies and business practices
• Liaison with regional managment to establish work priorities
1.2 Legal Functions
• Provide transactional support for local sales operations, including drafting, vetting and negotiating major/non-standard agreements
• Respond to adhoc queries, providing appropriate solutions
• Work closely with lawyers throughout Oracle
• Identify, analyse and evaluate risks
• Ensure compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law
• Provide training to other Oracle functions on legal policy and business practices.
• Management of disputes / litigation
• Participate in EMEA-wide initiatives as required
• Corporate housekeeping / company secretarial duties for Oracle’s subsidiaries registered in Africa.
1.3 Compliance & Ethics Functions
• Collaborate with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team, external counsel, Business Assessment & Audit, Global Information Security and the global compliance team as well as Finance and Human Resources, as appropriate, to investigate allegations of unethical behavior or other violations of Oracle policy
• Collaborate with the Alliances & Channels organization to ensure the selection of Oracle distribution partners that are committed to ethical business conduct and to encourage those partners in the implementation of effective compliance programs.
• Handle escalations of Oracle distribution partner issues that arise, whether through investigations or routine due diligence.
• Meet with distribution partners to underscore Oracle’s commitment to ethical business practices.
• Work with Compliance & Ethics Legal in relation to the administraion of processes for review of various matters such as expenses, gifts and entertainment, and conflicts of interest to ensure compliance with Oracle’s policies.
• Identify areas of legal compliance risk and collaborate with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team to mitigate the risk.
• Work with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team to identify common concerns, establish common standards and propagate best practices.
• Develop an expertise in the anti-corruption laws and related legal landscape, monitor ethics and compliance developments, identify best practices and champion adoption as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the Compliance & Ethics team to deliver customized employee and partner trainings in the region.
• Collaborate with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team to continuously improve Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Programme in the region.
3. Required Skills
• Fluency in English
• High-level legal drafting skills (also in English)
• Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
• Commercial negotiation experience, ideally in the IT or other hi-tech industry.
• Superior written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation
• Practical and creative thinking and problem solving
• Commercial outlook with excellent judgement and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Willingness to travel in the region on a regular basis
4. Minimum job requirements
• Law degree and professional qualification. 5+ years relevant experience.
• French language capability an advantage.
• Previous experience in industry preferred.
Responsible for selling Oracle’s All Hardware product portfolio directly and through channel partners, to both existing as well as new Oracle customers. Primary responsibilities will include: prospecting, business development, developing proposals, forecasting, negotiating, driving responses to RFPs, customer presentations, building reference accounts, and other sales and account management activities. This person will be accountable for delivering the assigned revenue and margin targets. A key requirement for success is the ability to work in a cross functional environment and represent the business throughout all levels internally and in to the market
• Achieve Hardware sales goals including sales revenue and margin.
• Understanding of the TELCO sector and experience of selling to a large Telco’s are essential
• Build and execute the sales strategy to develop and manage sales pipelines, product mix and revenue.
• Direct involvement with the Hardware Sales teams providing end-to-end sales experience and subject matter expertise.
• Develop, recommend and implement a comprehensive Hardware sales plan for the sales territory in agreement with sales management.
• Works with Oracle’s channel sales teams to identify, recruit and engage resellers and other partners to develop and grow a sustainable Hardware business with our partners.
• Provide forecast and pipeline information.
• Build strong relationships with customers and partners.
• Organise and lead customer appointments, qualify opportunities, manage proposals and formal customer presentations.
Brief Posting Description
This position is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory.
Works as part of an account team to identify, qualify and deliver Hardware products/ solutions. Responsible for the account plan to drive goal attainment in assigned territory. Coordinates with the other members of the sales team (employees and partners) to support account sales and business development strategies. Helps identify and engage the appropriate partner to meet customer specifications. Becomes trusted advisor to key customer influencers and decision makers. Drives company's strategy into assigned accounts. Follows all companies' methodologies and processes related to sales opportunity pursuit. Ensures that the company's sales programs are known and executed in assigned territory, including personal follow-up and engagement in selected opportunities. Achieves or exceeds the quarterly and annual sales goals. May travel frequently.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
• An experienced professional with a proven track record of success.
• Full understanding of hardware industry practices, dynamics, and market trends.
• Exalogic and Exadata, Server knowledge preferential
• 5 + years NAS / SAN storage sales experience advantageous
• Bachelors Degree or higher.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Experience developing and driving business opportunities with channel partners.
• Able to communicate at executive and CxO level.
• An understanding of key business drivers for demand in the hardware market.
• Able to prioritize activities & business opportunities and to leverage other functions within the organization.
• Some travel required
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.