Registrar at Nigerian Institute of Training and Development
Posted on: 7 February, 2012
Deadline: 21 February, 2012
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View Jobs posted same day
Nigerian Institute of Training and Development is a foremost professional institution in the country that caters for the needs and development of its members who are Training and Development practitioners across the country. www.nitad.org , www.nitadconference.com
OUR NEW STRATEGIC DIRECTION AND POSTURING
The Nigerian Institute for Training and Development (NITAD) is the professional association whose members are involved in or concerned with human resource training, learning, and development and facilitation functions in Nigeria. Members work in all sectors of the Nigerian economy
Our New VISION
TO BE A WORLD CLASS INSTITUTE FOR TRAINING, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Our New MISSION STATEMENT
To develop and maintain best practices in training, learning and development by providing accredited professional education to enhance its members' developments and influence its environment positively
Our New CORE VALUES
• TEAM BONDING
• GOOD COMMUNICATION
• CONTINUOUS LEARNING
As part of the transformation process of making it a world class organization, it now requires a vibrant and energetic REGISTRAR to head its Secretariat.
a. He/She will serve as the Secretary to the Governing Council and reports to the President/Chairman of Council.
b. Strategic planning, formulation and implementation of the Institute's Policies using all available resources at his. or her disposal in the most efficient and effective manner.
c. Aggressive individual and corporate membership drive
d. Will also serve as Secretary to all the statutory Committees of Council (though could be represented)
e. Planning, organizing and execution of regular certification programmes and any other training programmes as may be directed by the Council
f. Coordinates all Institute's activities and programmes in the areas of Training, Examinations, Inductions, Conferences and other related activities
g. Heads the National Secretariat coordinates all departments and staff of the Institute to ensure the attainment of its goals and objectives
h. Regularly liaising with each local branch to ensure coordinated operations and facilitating the establishment of new branches in other parts of the country as may be directed by the Council
1. Liaises with external bodies i.e. other professional bodies, academics, Government Agencies and affiliated bodies.
2. A good first degree in Economics, Management, Social Studies or related fields
3. A second degree in Business Administration, Management or Training and Development will also be an added advantage
4. Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an additional advantage
1. Sound leadership skills and robust staff coaching and mentoring capacity with proven previous experience
2. Ability to work independently and to function well under pressure
3. Diplomatic, team building and networking skills
4. Excellent analytical, research and report writing skills as well as ability to communicate fluently and effectively.
5. Proficient in the use of standard computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Databases, etc.)
6. Must have acquired a minimum of 10 years post graduate experience 5 of which must have been in top management position.
7. Relevant experience in a membership-based organization will be an added advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The remuneration attached to this position is very attractive and is commensurate with what obtains in similar organizations. Interested candidates should apply in writing including a one page write-up on why he/she should be considered for the post. She/he should attach a comprehensive resume with copies of credentials and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2 weeks of this publication.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Home Lesson Teachers at Mind Smith Limited
- Vice - Chancellor at the Dominican University, Ibadan
- Latest Vacancies at Premier International School
- Teaching Jobs at Kiddies Acess Centre
- Head of Training School at a World Class Co-Educational School - Bradfield Consulting
- Academic and Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at the Nile University of Nigeria
- Teaching Vacancy at Randstad
- Teacher at Bethany Preparatory School